Asset & Outsource Senior Artist
- Jagiellońska, Warszawa, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for talented artist to join our environment team in Warsaw to work on Cyberpunk 2077. As Asset & Outsource Senior Artist you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of the highest quality assets and for smooth cooperation with our outsourcing partners.
Daily responsibilities in a nutshell
- Receiving assets from external partners and reviewing them to ensure expected artistic and technical quality.
- Providing artistic and technical feedback to external partners via documentation and direct communication.
- Integrating approved assets into the game engine.
- Modelling assets which fit the established style of the game.
- Creating original photorealistic textures through the use of various tools and middleware.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible quality.
- Cooperating effectively with other artists and designers and ensuring good practices within internal and external teams.
- Providing the team with clear and transparent progress status regarding the ongoing workflow.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- At least 4 years of experience working in the video game industry and at least one shipped AAA title.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop as well as one of the leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.).
- Good knowledge of composition, colour theory and lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance, Houdini, World Machine) is a plus.
- Very creative and with an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Artists should include portfolio to their application. As a part of recruitment process, a candidate for an Environment Artist is always asked to perform a test.