Lead Game Designer
- Wrocław, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard-earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen. In our newest location in Wrocław, you’d meet not only all of the challenges and opportunities of a quickly expanding team, but also a very friendly atmosphere of a smaller studio, with its own ambitious goals!
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Game Designer who would help us guide the team and supervise the design of gameplay systems and online mechanics within our games. An ideal candidate would be an all-rounder who can manage and mentor their team of designers to deliver high quality and engaging gaming experiences.
Daily responsibilities in a nutshell
- Managing and directing the tone and gameplay design of the project, proposing innovative and fun mechanics, fulfilling on the game direction.
- Management and mentoring of our game design team.
- Nurturing the team’s growth, also by supporting the recruitment of new members.
- Guiding the team in translating the overall game vision into implemented functionality.
- Reviewing gameplay, balance and design.
- Ensuring that the overall gameplay experience is carried through to completion in the highest possible quality.
- Maintaining the design documentation of the game.
- Transferring the design vision of the game onto the development teams.
- More than 5 years’ experience in the game industry as a Game Designer with at least one shipped title.
- Proven success in creating compelling and innovative gameplay mechanics in an AAA game.
- Proficiency in clear communicating of complex concepts, including experience in creating project documentation.
- Experience in leading, managing and understanding of a team of designers.
- Ability to provide focused and inspiring creative leadership, and to coordinate and motivate a whole design team.
- Understanding programming/scripting in game design and experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Very strong problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of (and hands-on up-to-date experience with) current game design trends, specifically in Action/RPG area.
- Awareness of the wider development team, stakeholders, and the audience; skills in both opening and focusing conversations.
- Openness for changes, high quality passion and good sense of humor are appreciated!
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A chance to work with an already active, talented and motivated team of designers.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.