- aleja 3 Maja, Kraków, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and experienced Cinematic Designer to join our team. We are currently expanding Krakow Studio by establishing Cinematics department. Person on this position will be responsible for creating compelling in-game interactive dialogue sequences and cutscenes in CD PROJEKT RED’s proprietary tool. The ideal candidate should have a very good understanding of directing, storytelling, acting and cinematography as well as strong sense of composition and pacing.
Daily Responsibilities In a Nutshell
- Create interactive, branching cinematic sequences using in-house proprietary engine based on node system.
- Create compelling cutscenes with excellent pacing, acting, cinematography, editing and timing.
- Communicate with Designers and Leads to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish perfect continuity of the story with gameplay.
- Set up actor staging and cameras.
- Complete tasks on time in high quality.
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably Animation / Film Production) and / or comparable years professional experience in games / film.
- Experience with 3D software (Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, Maya, Unreal Engine etc.)
- Good understanding of acting, including posing and timing.
- Good knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team.
- Ability to quickly adapt company’s proprietary software as well as to learn a new software.
- Technical problem-solving.
- Game development experience (doing long-form project(s) from inception to completion).
Nice To Have:
- Genuine interest in the genre.
- AAA games development experience as an animator (doing long form project(s) from inception to completion) will be a big plus.
We offer you:
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.