Lead 3D Artist
- Jagiellońska, Warszawa, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an experienced, talented Lead 3D Artist to join the GWENT team. If your mind is full of ideas of how to create fun characters and creatures, and bring amazing pieces of artwork to life – apply!
- Heading up our internal team of modelers.
- Creating high-quality art (both sculpts and final assets) and maintaining the high quality within the team.
- Working closely with the Art Director as well as the Animation and Technical departments.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Supporting, giving feedback, evaluating and mentoring younger colleagues.
- Thinking creatively and globally to make the project work even smoother and better.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the game development industry as a 3D Artist.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Lead Artist.
- Proven success in creating outstanding characters for games.
- Solid modeling and texturing skills in a diverse visual range of characters and creatures.
- Strong understanding of human as well as animal form and anatomy.
- Strong skillset in both organic and hard-surface modeling.
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to the project.
- Ability to work effectively within game design and tech constraints.
- Comfortable working quickly within an interactive development process.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently within a team.
- Software: Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter (or similar).
- Efficiency in self-managing time with a high degree of accountability and minimal instruction.
- Avid and passionate gamer.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Nice to have
- Animation and skinning/rigging skills.
- Traditional drawing, painting or sculpting skills.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Artists should include portfolio to their application. As a part of recruitment process, a candidate for this position is always asked to perform a test.