CI/CD Technology Consultant
- 1030 Old Spanish Trail, Slidell, LA 70458, USA
CDIT, a Technology Service Provider, is looking for talented technical people at all levels to expand their current services. In these roles, the candidate will have the opportunity to design and develop creative solutions using various technologies in an agile, open and collaborative environment. Our software development methodology provides employees with all the support and resources needed to effectively complete their tasking. By working in a team-oriented environment our employees have the freedom to utilize new and innovative approaches to providing the right solutions.
- Work closely with a team to develop software in an agile fashion
- Design, implement, test, and field new software products
- Lead and mentor less experienced team members
- Work with customers and outside partners to train and support developed products
- Design, implement, document, test and support products for specific business needs with attention to security and scalability
This position will require the candidate to be cleared with the US Government, requiring citizenship to do so. We are only considering local candidates at this time!
The CI/CD Technology Consultant will be a key leader in working with VA shape processes and tools that enable cross-functional collaboration and drive CI/CD transformation at VA. The CI/CD Technology Consultant will work closely with product owners, developers, and external development teams to coach and mentor them on how to implement CI/CD tools.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Educate product teams at all levels on CI/CD and Agile principles and tools
- Provide product teams with CI/CD tools for implementing the practices in their own work
- Provide training sessions and office hours to teach valuable skills that lead toward organization-wide adoption of CI/CD
- Serve as a subject matter expert on tools, such as Jira and Jenkins, to provide hands-on support to VA product teams as they move forward with adoption DevOps tools and practices
- Coordinate development and operations tasks across other members of the DevSecOps team
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment and lead team activities to resolve issues and implement ad hoc solutions
Keep a pulse on emerging DevOps trends and innovative tools that will accelerate development teams toward automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and ten (10) years of relevant experience. An additional eight (8) years of related experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Showing proficiency in relevant technologies and IT organizational paradigms
- Strong leadership experience as an advocate for the adoption of Agile and DevOps; must be assertive about adherence to CI/CD processes and enthusiastic about DevOps practices and their benefits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to lead discovery sessions and consulting meetings with product teams
- Experience implementing Jira as an administrator
- Experience with CI/CD tools, including GitHub and Jenkins.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members and upper management
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Ability to travel up to 10% to customer sites as needed
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering or technical or business discipline
- Experience with Human Centered Design (HCD) principles and Design Thinking
- Experience with the following CI/CD tools: Jenkins, CircleCI, DataDog, PagerDuty, Slack, Tenable, TwistLock, Codacy, etc
Candidate will be temporarily remote due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.