- 1030 Old Spanish Trail, Slidell, LA 70458, USA
CDIT, a Technology Service Provider, is looking for talented technical people at all levels to expand their current services. In these roles, the candidate will have the opportunity to design and develop creative solutions using various technologies in an agile, open and collaborative environment. Our software development methodology provides employees with all the support and resources needed to effectively complete their tasking. By working in a team-oriented environment our employees have the freedom to utilize new and innovative approaches to providing the right solutions.
- Work closely with a team to develop software in an agile fashion
- Design, implement, test, and field new software products
- Lead and mentor less experienced team members
- Work with customers and outside partners to train and support developed products
- Design, implement, document, test and support products for specific business needs with attention to security and scalability
The Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing solutions and supporting the installation, customization, and integration of the solution.
- Constructing new data warehouse platforms, primarily in cloud infrastructure, and developing pipelines and ETL processes to support products and solutions.
- Productionizing data engineering solutions, including models, pipelines, and infrastructure to deploy solutions to customers.
- Develops and documents strategies, policies and best practices. Prepare technical design and implementation design documents where needed.
- Work alongside product management to ensure all project requirements are met.
- Provides project team leadership.
- Experience constructing and using Data Pipelining and Data Orchestration (Apache Airflow/Nifi, Pentaho, etc).
- Experience in Elasticsearch.
- Experience in SQL (Oracle) and writing complex queries with joins and aggregates
- Hands-on experience in implementing large and fast data platforms, and ability to deliver onsite proof of concepts for distributed databases.
- Experience working with Cloud environments and databases (such as Azure, AWS).
- Thorough understanding of big data and execution experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDWs) and knowledge of BI/DW solutions.
- Experience doing ETL and utilizing industry-standard ETL tools.
- Familiarity with data-oriented scripting languages: shell, Python/R/Java/Scala/Perl.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment:
- Familiarity with data modeling approaches such as ERD and concepts behind relational, normalized and star schema database architectures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.