Senior Web Developer
- 117 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
We are looking for highly motivated senior C# ASP.NET web developers to work for an exciting new FinTech start-up in Sydney.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Developer is to work as an integral part of the web application development team both locally and off-shore in India to help reshape the way financial advice is provided in the wealth management industry.
Using your full stack experience, you will have the capacity to influence the technical direction and outcomes of the organisation in co-ordination with your team while building world class solutions for financial planning practices.
- Work as an integral part of the web application development team both locally and off-shore
- Work with the development manager and solutions architect to build stable, responsive and scalable solutions
- Develop new and existing features as well as troubleshooting and fixing issues to a high standard
- Work with the product team to analyse user requirements, provide estimates and deliver to scheduled release dates
- Participate in daily stand-ups, meetings, code reviews and planning sessions
- Guide and mentor other developers and assist in providing technical leadership to the team
- Maintain and lift the quality of code and code standards within the development team
- Take personal ownership of work and be able to work autonomously
- Be agile, adjusting and reviewing work and priorities in response to changing requirements
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering or computer science.
- Strong understanding of web standards and architecture.
- Ability to develop across the whole vertical stack from front end to back end of the codebase
- Strong web application development skills using C# ASP.NET, MVC.
- Exceptional front-end development skills using modern HTML5, CSS and JS Frameworks (ExtJS, Angular, React).
- Good understanding of cloud environments (Azure, AWS) and SQL databases.
- Solid experience with WebAPI and REST services
- Adaptability to employ a wide range of technologies.
- Knowledge of multi-tiered object oriented application development.
- Good working knowledge of software design patterns and when to use them.
- Experience in the cycle of software development, and agile methodologies.
- Ability to set realistic timeframes and deliver on time with a can-do attitude.
- Team player, goal-oriented individual, with outstanding technical skills.
- Experience in writing automated tests – MSTest, NUnit, xUnit etc.
- BONUS POINTS FOR
- UI/UX skills
- Familiarity with Git, TFS
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Deployment - Jira, TeamCity, and Octopus Deploy