CB Engineers is a boutique engineering consulting firm that provides Design Build, Design Assist and Full Plan Design Services for HVAC and plumbing systems, fire protection, electrical power and distribution systems, building automation controls, life safety systems, emergency power and UPS systems. We emphasize globally and socially responsible design, and continuously strive to maximize efficient energy and optimize water usage in all our projects. Our work realizes our conviction that engineering can enliven people and vitalize communities and we forge novel relationships among people and built environments.
We Engineer Environments for Smarter Living
From our humble pencil and ruler beginnings in 1958, we at CB Engineers have prided ourselves on bringing an unparalleled level of experience and creativity into each and every one of our projects. With the passing of time and the evolution from blue prints to 3D computer models, we have continued to uphold the very same attention to detail and a commitment to our clients that have cemented us as a leader in the design-build world. From sustainability consulting to our innovative R&D projects, we are continually redefining the engineering space.
Some of our projects include Disney Aulani Resort + Spa, Square Corporate HQ, One Rincon Hill, Gap HQ, Seattle Seahawks Centurylink field and many more!
Do you love project accounting? If so, then we need you! Our Project Accountant is an integral part of the Accounting team and ensures that all billing and project accounting transactions are completed timely and accurately. The Project Accountant supports the Controller and works closely with our Project Managers and Principals.
· Project Cost Management - Maintain project management records electronically and prepare project management reports.
· Prepare customer billings and invoices using Deltek Vision accounting system.
· Enter project budgets into accounting system.
· Manage Accounts Receivable including, collections, preparing aging reports and reconciling A/R to the GL monthly.
· Review contracts, project labor and expenses and ensure accurate posting to projects.
· Act as key point of contact for clients and internal staff regarding billing questions by providing informed and researched information.
· Provide a level of expected confidentiality in maintaining company policies and ideals.
· Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
· Carry out special projects and all other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Client Focused. You are always keeping our clients happy by identifying their needs and exceeding their expectations.
An Effective Communicator. You convey information and ideas in an engaging and persuasive manner.
Flexible and Adaptable. You readily adjust to and agreeably accommodate changes in circumstances.
Curious and Clever. You are always eager to learn or propose the best solution.
Analytical. You live for data and love to solve complex problems.
Passionate. You believe in the mission to bring sustainable engineering to the world.
A team player. You actively participate as a member of the team to move the team toward the successful completion of goals.
Driven for Results. You accomplish goals and exceed performance expectations with energy, enthusiasm and perseverance.
Skills and Experience
· 2-3 years of project accounting experience is a must, preferably in a professional service-related industry. Architecture or Engineering is a plus!
· Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Understanding of A/E industry project accounting methods and practices is preferred.
· Deltek Vision Accounting experience is highly preferred.
· Ability to meet deadlines with a high attention to detail. A love for working in a detail-oriented environment is a must!
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to follow instructions and clearly convey information.
· Proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office. Advanced usage of Excel is a plus.
Education and Licenses
· Bachelors degree in Accounting, or Business Administration with an accounting emphasis.
** You will be asked to provide business references during the interview phase.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter telling us about why you enjoy project accounting and why we should hire YOU!
When you join the team at CB Engineers, you become part of a global company with an impressive history of over 50 years. We are committed to delivering world-class engineering and technology solutions for the built environment. We are a team of dedicated enthusiastic individuals who put our client’s needs first and support them with integrity. We mentor and coach our teams to foster an environment of constant learning.
As a member of our team, we offer a competitive, flexible benefits package that aligns with our company values. This includes:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· FSA plan
· Competitive PTO plan
· Individual and supplemental life insurance
· Short and long-term disability
· Transit/parking commuter benefits
· Training and professional development
· Regular Lunch and Learn sessions
· Flexible and fun work environment!
· Company outings + team-building activities
· Convenient SOMA Office that is within walking distance from BART/MUNI with free parking nearby
CB Engineers is an Equal Opportunity employer. CB Engineers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CB Engineers complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
* Engineering Grade Levels as defined by the American Society of Civil Engineers www.ASCE.org/engineergrades