Junior Electrical Designer
- 449 10th St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
CB Engineers is a boutique engineering consulting firm that provides Design Build, Design Assist and Full Plan Design Services for HVAC and plumbing systems, fire protection, electrical power and distribution systems, building automation controls, life safety systems, emergency power and UPS systems. We emphasize globally and socially responsible design, and continuously strive to maximize efficient energy and optimize water usage in all our projects. Our work realizes our conviction that engineering can enliven people and vitalize communities and we forge novel relationships among people and built environments.
We Engineer Environments for Smarter Living
From our humble pencil and ruler beginnings in 1958, we at CB Engineers have prided ourselves on bringing an unparalleled level of experience and creativity into each and every one of our projects. With the passing of time and the evolution from blue prints to 3D computer models, we have continued to uphold the very same attention to detail and a commitment to our clients that have cemented us as a leader in the design-build world. From sustainability consulting to our innovative R&D projects, we are continually redefining the engineering space.
Some of our projects include Disney Aulani Resort + Spa, Square Corporate HQ, One Rincon Hill, Gap HQ, Seattle Seahawks Centurylink field and many more!
The Junior Electrical Designer will determine design criteria, drawing sequence and presentation, size various system components and refine rough sketches and notes to include material quantities and equipment specifications obtained from standard calculations and vendor catalogues. You will impact many different projects and have the opportunity to refine and develop your engineering skills.
What you'll be doing:
· Assist Engineers, Project Managers or Principals in all phases of the design and drawing production. Liaise with intra department engineers and discipline leaders.
· Working under a seasoned engineer, incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and final construction drawings.
· Learn and apply codes or identify alternatives and solutions to building code exceptions
· Research design options and document findings for Sr. Engineers, Project Managers or Principals.
· Inform Project Manager of changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the team or project and project budget.
· Stay abreast of, the project design and construction schedules.
· Monitor project scope creep and work with Project Manager on delivery of any additional client service requests.
· Attend project coordination meetings with clients as required and internal project coordination meetings.
· Remain up to date in developments in the profession and within the organization as appropriate.
· Participate and contribute to a team effort.
· Collect data and gather information or documents.
· Performs standard computations or analysis.
· Prepares drawings and visual aids.
· Observes construction activities.
· Performs basic survey work.
· Carry out special projects and all other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Client Focused. You are always keeping our clients happy by identifying their needs and exceeding their expectations.
An Effective Communicator. You convey information and ideas in an engaging and persuasive manner.
Flexible and Adaptable. You readily adjust to and agreeably accommodate changes in circumstances.
Curious and Clever. You are always eager to learn or propose the best solution.
Passionate. You believe in the mission to bring sustainable engineering to the world.
Analytical. You live for data and love to solve complex problems.
A team player. You actively participate as a member of the team to move the team toward the successful completion of goals.
Driven for Results. You accomplish goals and exceed performance expectations with energy, enthusiasm and perseverance
· Possess an understanding of applicable codes.
· Exposure to the design/build engineering industry through internships, part-time work, or practical classroom projects
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and engineering drawings
· Knowledge of Auto CAD as a drawing and production tool
· Proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office including Outlook
· Proven ability to quickly learn and contribute to the overall success of projects.
Education + Licenses:
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from accredited college
· Engineering in Training (E.I.T.) certification – a plus
This job is performed in both an office and field environment. Some travel may be required with a small amount of work to be executed outside the office in the field.
When you join the team at CB Engineers, you become part of a global company with an impressive history of over 50 years. We are committed to delivering world-class engineering and technology solutions for the built environment. We are a team of dedicated enthusiastic individuals who put our client’s needs first and support them with integrity. We mentor and coach our teams to foster an environment of constant learning.
As a member of our team, we offer a competitive, flexible benefit package that aligns with our company values. This includes:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· FSA plan
· Competitive PTO plan
· Individual and supplemental life insurance
· Short and long-term disability
· Transit/parking commuter benefits
· Training and professional development
· Regular Lunch and Learn sessions
· Flexible and fun work environment!
· Company outings + team-building activities
· Convenient SOMA Office that is within walking distance from BART/MUNI with free parking nearby
CB Engineers is an Equal Opportunity employer. CB Engineers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CB Engineers complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.