Senior Engineering Associate
- San Francisco, CA
CB Engineers is a boutique engineering consulting firm that provides Design Build, Design Assist and Full Plan Design Services for HVAC and plumbing systems, fire protection, electrical power and distribution systems, building automation controls, life safety systems, emergency power and UPS systems. We emphasize globally and socially responsible design, and continuously strive to maximize efficient energy and optimize water usage in all our projects. Our work realizes our conviction that engineering can enliven people and vitalize communities and we forge novel relationships among people and built environments.
We Engineer Environments for Smarter Living
From our humble pencil and ruler beginnings in 1958, we at CB Engineers have prided ourselves on bringing an unparalleled level of experience and creativity into each and every one of our projects. With the passing of time and the evolution from blue prints to 3D computer models, we have continued to uphold the very same attention to detail and a commitment to our clients that have cemented us as a leader in the design-build world. From sustainability consulting to our innovative R&D projects, we are continually redefining the engineering space.
Some of our projects include Disney Aulani Resort + Spa, Square Corporate HQ, One Rincon Hill, Gap HQ, Seattle Seahawks Centurylink field and many more!
The Senior Associate is a high-profile role and will serve as a key member of senior management of the firm. You will lead the success of the firm by providing experienced engineering knowledge, sound decision making and problem-solving abilities, and by offering solutions to both the firm’s and industry challenges. This position requires someone who is a leader and mentor, has a passion for being environmentally conscious, and who is excited to develop new and maintain substantial amounts of existing business for the firm.
What you'll be doing:
· Manage multiple complex projects that require sound judgement and decision making.
· Develop the in-house project management function and coach team on best-practices.
· Maintain contact with client’s project manager and resolve any issues.
· Brainstorm, review and create client presentations with assistance from Principals.
· Represent the firm in public settings.
· Mentor and train less experienced project managers and technical personnel.
· Act as lead technical person and senior reviewer for larger and technically complex projects.
· Write articles and make conference presentations in areas(s) or specialized expertise.
· Develop leads and maintain contacts within the field.
· Write proposals, participate in presentations, negotiate contacts and convert current projects into follow-on projects.
· Actively participate in all financial management aspects of assigned projects and department.
· Create learning and development opportunities for your team and ensure that they have room for professional growth.
· Carry out special projects and all other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Client Focused. You are always keeping our clients happy by identifying their needs and exceeding their expectations.
An Effective Communicator. You convey information and ideas in an engaging and persuasive manner.
Flexible and Adaptable. You readily adjust to and agreeably accommodate changes in circumstances.
Curious and Clever. You are always eager to learn or propose the best solution.
Passionate. You believe in the mission to bring sustainable engineering to the world.
Analytical. You live for facts and love to solve complex problems.
A natural leader. You inspire and mentor your teams to achieve to achieve individual and corporate goals.
Driven for Success. You coach others to exceed performance expectations and accomplish goals by demonstrating energy, enthusiasm, and persistence.
· Upwards of 15 years of experience in engineering design (preferably in a consulting engineering firm or in the design department of a design build contracting firm.)
· Advanced knowledge of engineering, concepts, and design
· Thorough understanding of applicable codes, ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and engineering drawings
· Knowledge of Auto CAD and REVIT MEP as a drawing and production tool
· Ability to work and converse effectively with the firm’s personnel at all management levels
Education + Licenses:
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college.
· Master’s degree is a plus.
· California Professional Engineering License
· LEED Accreditation – a plus!
This job is performed in both an office and field environment. Some travel may be required with about 20% of work to be executed outside the office in the field.
When you join the team at CB Engineers, you become part of a global company with an impressive history of over 50 years. We are committed to delivering world-class engineering and technology solutions for the built environment. We are a team of dedicated enthusiastic individuals who put our client’s needs first and support them with integrity. We mentor and coach our teams to foster an environment of constant learning.
As a member of our team, we offer a competitive, flexible benefit package that aligns with our company values. This includes:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· FSA plan
· Competitive PTO plan
· Individual and supplemental life insurance
· Short and long-term disability
· Transit/parking commuter benefits
· Training and professional development
· Regular Lunch and Learn sessions
· Flexible and fun work environment!
· Company outings + team-building activities
· Convenient SOMA Office that is within walking distance from BART/MUNI with free parking nearby
CB Engineers is an Equal Opportunity employer. CB Engineers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CB Engineers complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.