- San Francisco, CA
CB Engineers is a boutique engineering consulting firm that provides Design Build, Design Assist and Full Plan Design Services for HVAC and plumbing systems, fire protection, electrical power and distribution systems, building automation controls, life safety systems, emergency power and UPS systems. We emphasize globally and socially responsible design, and continuously strive to maximize efficient energy and optimize water usage in all our projects. Our work realizes our conviction that engineering can enliven people and vitalize communities and we forge novel relationships among people and built environments.
We Engineer Environments for Smarter Living
From our humble pencil and ruler beginnings in 1958, we at CB Engineers have prided ourselves on bringing an unparalleled level of experience and creativity into each and every one of our projects. With the passing of time and the evolution from blue prints to 3D computer models, we have continued to uphold the very same attention to detail and a commitment to our clients that have cemented us as a leader in the design-build world. From sustainability consulting to our innovative R&D projects, we are continually redefining the engineering space.
Some of our projects include Disney Aulani Resort + Spa, Square Corporate HQ, One Rincon Hill, Gap HQ, Seattle Seahawks Centurylink field and many more!
Our Plumbing Engineer will perform non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity utilizing standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. This position requires someone who has a passion for being environmentally conscious, wants to work on a variety of different projects, and who can apply their knowledge and skill in sustainable engineering.
What you'll be doing:
· Assist Sr. Engineers, Project Managers and Principals in all phases of the design and drawing production.Liaise with intra department engineers, discipline leaders and clients.
· Develop design solutions from concepts to final documents based on project requirements.
· Perform design work using computer-aided drafting techniques.
· Apply codes or identify alternatives and solutions to building code exceptions.
· Develop fire protection scoping documents.
· Research design options and document findings for Sr. Engineers, Project Managers or Principals.
· Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects.
· Inform Project Manager of changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the team or project and project budget.
· Monitor project scope creep and related additional service requests to the client.
· Stay abreast of the project design and construction schedules. Provide input to the client on CBE design schedule requirements.
· Attend project coordination meetings with clients as required and internal project coordination meetings.
· Remain up to date in developments within the profession and within the organization as appropriate.
· Handle multiple, non-routine projects with efficiency and accuracy.
· Participate and contribute to a team effort, exchanging ideas and recommending improvements.
· Actively promote and instruct others in the use of Company design production standards & specifications
· Serve as a technical advisor to junior-level project team members.
Client Focused. You are always keeping our clients happy by identifying their needs and exceeding their expectations.
An Effective Communicator. You convey information and ideas in an engaging and persuasive manner.
Flexible and Adaptable. You readily adjust to and agreeably accommodate changes in circumstances.
Curious and Clever. You are always eager to learn or propose the best solution.
Analytical. You live for data and love to solve complex problems.
Passionate. You believe in the mission to bring sustainable engineering to the world.
A team player. You actively participate as a member of the team to move the team toward the successful completion of goals.
Driven for Results. You accomplish goals and exceed performance expectations with energy, enthusiasm and perseverance.
· 5+ years of experience in engineering design (preferably in a consulting engineering firm or in the design department of a design build contracting firm.)
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and engineering drawings.
· Knowledge of Auto CAD and REVIT MEP as a drawing and production tool.
· Aptitude to develop, review and refine energy models.
· Ability to size and select piping and equipment associated with plumbing waste and vent systems, domestic cold and hot water systems, natural gas and propane systems, fuel oil systems, compressed air and vacuum systems, and specialty gas systems.
· Previous supervision of designers and CAD drafters; ability to design/draft and to mark-up drawings for drafters.
· Specification writing using Master Spec®, BSD SpecLink® or equivalent.
· Possess a strong understanding of applicable codes.
· Ability to work and converse effectively with the firm’s personnel at all management levels.
Education + Licenses
· BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from accredited college, or equivalent years of work experience
· Courses in computer aided drafting, mechanical design, building codes, HVAC design loads software training, or equivalent experience.
· Professional Engineering License
· CAD Drafting Certificate is desired.
· LEED™ Accredited Professional certification, desired.
This job is performed in both an office and field environment. Some travel may be required with about 5-10% of work to be executed outside the office. Field work includes ability to access roof, attic, interstitial ceiling and crawl spaces using temporary and fixed ladders.
When you join the team at CB Engineers, you become part of a global company with an impressive history of over 50 years. We are committed to delivering world-class engineering and technology solutions for the built environment. We are a team of dedicated enthusiastic individuals who put our client’s needs first and support them with integrity. We mentor and coach our teams to foster an environment of constant learning.
As a member of our team, we offer a competitive, flexible benefit package that aligns with our company values. This includes:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· FSA plan
· Competitive PTO plan
· Individual and supplemental life insurance
· Short and long-term disability
· Transit/parking commuter benefits
· Training and professional development
· Regular Lunch and Learn sessions
· Flexible and fun work environment!
· Company outings + team-building activities
· Convenient SOMA Office that is within walking distance from BART/MUNI with free parking nearby
CB Engineers is an Equal Opportunity employer. CB Engineers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CB Engineers complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.