Director of Communications
- 13 Town Planning Way, Ilupeju 102215, Lagos, Nigeria
Cavista is a global technology company creating cloud-based software solutions for clients. With operations around the world, we globalize, standardize and localize our processes, while at the same time remaining sensitive to specific needs in different regions. Our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions.
Cavista provides an open and collaborative work environment that cultivates excellence and innovation. We believe in maintaining a stable work-life balance that enables us to do our best work while fulfilling family responsibilities and being active in civic duties and volunteering. At Cavista, everyone’s ideas are valued, and every voice matters. We operate under the mantra "may the best idea win." Our open-door policy and processes align with our inclusive culture which empowers Cavistans to share ideas openly.
This is a full-time role
The successful candidate would be an experienced senior-level communications professional who can manage and elevate the Cavista global brand, as well as the international presence of our CEO.
This is not an entry-level position. We are looking for someone who can effectively develop top-notch communications for the Nigerian market that align with the goals and strategies developed by our global partner’s corporate communications, external affairs, and public policy teams.
We are looking for someone who is able to thoroughly understand complex information and synthesize it into a clear message that aligns with the voice, tone and style of Cavista, our CEO and other senior executives.
As the Director of Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for regularly developing content and executing communications strategies that increase the visibility of Cavista globally in our industry and market community. This position will help develop and manage the team that oversees Cavista social media channels and public relations work. We are looking for someone knowledgeable in all aspects of communications and public relations and can take the lead in making things happen.
The successful candidate will be based in our Lagos, Nigeria office, but would be required to travel locally and internationally on occassion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other relevant certification.
- 10+ years of experience in business communications, journalism, public relations or public affairs.
- Strong writing (Associated Press writing style), editing, and proofreading skills with experience developing content strategy for web, print, etc., in a clear way.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Project management for web and print materials required.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of content and social media best practices for LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, and collaborate with teams across multiple jurisdictions.
- Understanding of measurement metrics in media and communications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in knowledge management and speech writing is an asset.
- Experience developing video, graphic design, and editorial is an asset.
- Proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- You are a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of publics across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify Cavista’s values.
- Experience managing a personal brand for a business professional or organization
- B2B technology, SaaS or healthcare experience is ideal
Cavista offers even more
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 - day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Referral Bonus
Deadline for applications is Friday, October 28, 2022.