Software Engineering Manager
- 1002, 10th floor, Sadanand Estates, Veerbhadra Nagar, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, India
At Cavista, our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions. We ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through a global network of innovation, and our software solutions are custom-built to accommodate your domain and requirements. Through world-class consultation, innovative IT solutions and personalized client services, Cavista increases operational efficiency for organizations of all sizes.
Cavista is searching for great talent in Pune, India. We are an open, agile environment, where transparent conversation ignites collaboration with a team of great thinkers. Everyone freely contributes, ideas override egos, and the best idea always wins. We embrace new technologies and pride ourselves on sustainable and quality code. In our world, opportunity paired with imagination is limitless and we build what others can only hope to dream. We build the best because we hire only the best! We’ve created an atmosphere allowing you to produce your best work, by catering to the creative.
This is a full-time, salaried role, based in Pune, India.
A Software Engineering Manager to lead, mentor and manage multiple agile teams comprised of software engineers, team leads and product managers. Strategic in developing initiatives and setting time tables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Manage in an agile scrum environment and lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects, providing solutions
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile and integration solutions
- Manage application/software development; work with teams on challenging architectural problems to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of engineering excellence
- Develop a best in class scalable SaaS solution, leveraging the Cloud
- Provide architectural guidance; prioritize issues and lead the charge on challenging bugs, when needed
- Engage with key leaders to drive the vision and overall priorities to deliver quality products
- Communicate and translate vision/strategy to the team executing on functional and business goals for the team
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver high quality SaaS products
- Responsible for the delivery of superb products and systems; making certain excellent code is shipped, strive for engineering excellence and supported by teams that are building, testing and deploying leading edge solutions
- Drive the full software development life-cycle, set strategy and allocate appropriate resources to maximize ROI
- Prioritize workload, shift attention when priorities change and advocate when workload should not change
- 4+ year degree in computer science (6+ years if no University degree)
- 4+ years of combined experience in software engineering leadership; managing, architecting and deploying SaaS applications in a cloud-based infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience utilizing agile development and scrum methodologies
- Scrum Master a plus (NOT required)
- 1-3 years of experience building consumer web and mobile software solutions
- 2-4 years of people management with demonstrated experience in building and motivating large teams
- An understanding of security issues facing SaaS platforms and effective mitigation
- Solid technical background with experience in building next generation architectures and solutions
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, influential skills and technical leadership
- Ability to take part in code reviews, drive architecture, engage in design discussions and final solution selection
- Strong record in building high performing organizations through people development and empowered teams
- Experience with SaaS technologies and a track record of delivering high quality products
- Excel at leading, managing, and building high functioning teams; and leading front-line technical contributors
- Ability to foster alignment of values, missions, and operational best practices
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Candidate should be willing to work in mid shift
Cavista offers even more
- Competitive Compensation
- 5 - day workweek
- Best in the Industry Leave policy – Paid Vacation, Paid sick, Holidays and more
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children)
- Accidental and Disability Benefit
- Retirement Benefit - Provident Fund
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Referral Bonus
- Work from Anywhere - Flexibility that allows you to work where you are most comfortable, whether at home, at work, or a combination of both
How to apply:
- Submit an online application.
- You will receive an email response with further instructions.
- Accept the Mettl interview request and submit your test (Not for Manager role)
- You will receive a second link via email for your panel interview.
- For Programmers: A coding assessment will take place. Complete the challenge and share your method for problem solving during interview
- A member from our Talent Team will contact you with the results.
We offer a competitive compensation package (DOE), benefits and growth opportunities for everyone who joins Cavista!