PHP Engineer (Senior and Intermediate)
- 13 Town Planning Way, Ilupeju 102215, Lagos, Nigeria
- Employees can work remotely
Our Partner, Axxess is the leading technology innovator for healthcare at home, providing solutions that help improve care for more than 2 million patients worldwide. Axxess offers a complete suite of easy-to-use, innovative software solutions that empower home health, home care and hospice providers to grow their business while making lives better.
To meet our partner's growing demand, we are expanding globally and we are opening our location in Lagos, Nigeria. We are always seeking talented individuals interested in a challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested in doing work that makes a difference, come join our team.
We are an open, agile environment, where transparent conversation ignites collaboration with a team of great thinkers. Everyone freely contributes, ideas override egos, and the best idea always wins. We embrace new technologies and pride ourselves on sustainable and quality code. In our world, opportunity paired with imagination is limitless and we build what others can only hope to dream. We build the best because we hire only the best! We’ve created an atmosphere allowing you to produce your best work, by catering to the creative.
This is a full-time, salaried role, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office.
Who we are looking for...
A PHP Engineer seeking an opportunity to develop and create cutting-edge solutions for our products and services, while being part of something extraordinary.
What you will do...
- Develop new web applications using customized, open-source, and off-the-shelf applications and components.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and all internal integrated systems.
- Deliver new functionality and change requests for existing applications.
- Participate in the ongoing development of applications that meet the needs of our customers.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces (for ease of use).
- Develop database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develop external web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
What you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related discipline.
- 3+ years PHP development experience
- Recent versions of PHP (7.x preferred)
- Relational database setup and use (MySQL 5.6 or later)
- Git version control knowledge and experience
- Experience with RESTful API usage and implementation; experience creating/documenting an API is a plus
- Experience with Redis (or other NoSQL key-value store) is a plus
- Server and site performance optimization experience is a plus
- Preferred full-stack developer, but willing to mentor on needed areas
Additional preferred skills
- Laravel 5.x framework (or other similar MVC)
- Knowledge and use of Single Page Application design and implementation, including use of front-end tools such as CanJS, Vue, Aurelia, or Angular JS
- Experience with queues/workers in a distributed workload system (e.g. Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, Iron.io, Amazon SQS) is a plus
- Experience with Composer, NPM, Gulp, Grunt, or other tools in the build pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues with web server, database, security, network, and web technologies
- Customize, compile, install, configure, monitor and debug server instances, especially on NGINX
- Reporting, maintenance, and test automation tools in PHP (e.g. PHPUnit)
- Create and enhance in-house tools for website operations, support hardware & software issues
- Experience with customer & end-user support of online products; web, graphic and usability design
About Cavista (formerly TSABOIN)
At Cavista, we are building a team of over 100 engineers in Lagos Nigeria. We are always seeking talented individuals interested in a challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested in doing work that makes a difference, come join our team.
About our partner.
Our partner, Axxess, is the fastest growing home health technology company, improving care for more than 1.5 million patients in North America and trusted by more than 7,000 organizations growing their business. With an easy-to-use, complete suite of innovative cloud-based software and services for health records, scheduling, patient engagement, revenue cycle management and so much more our client empowers healthcare providers with solutions to focus on patient care. Fostering a collaborative culture to exceed client expectations, our client is recognized nationally in the US as a Best Place To Work, while investing every day in growing the healthcare industry and communities around the country to address unmet needs and make lives better.
What will you experience?
- Casual Friday, Everyday
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Professional Development for Career Growth
- 20 PTO (Paid-Time-Off) Days + Holidays + Birthdays off
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Holiday and Employee Celebrations
- Game On! Xbox, Pool, Chess and more
- Genuine respect for work-life balance
- Respect and Collaborative team environment
- And so much more
All your information will be kept confidential.