- J.P. Laurel Ave, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines
At Cavista, our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions. We ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through a global network of innovation, and our software solutions are custom-built to accommodate your domain and requirements. Through world-class consultation, innovative IT solutions and personalized client services, Cavista increases operational efficiency for organizations of all sizes.
Cavista is searching for great talent in Davao City, Philippines. We are an open, agile environment, where transparent conversation ignites collaboration with a team of great thinkers. Everyone freely contributes, ideas override egos, and the best idea always wins. We embrace new technologies and pride ourselves on sustainable and quality code. In our world, opportunity paired with imagination is limitless and we build what others can only hope to dream. We build the best because we hire only the best! We’ve created an atmosphere allowing you to produce your best work, by catering to the creative.
This is a full-time, salaried role, based in Davao City, Philippines.
Due to continued expansion of our business, we seek fulltime, innovative QA Engineer to join our winning team. If you are seeking an opportunity to develop and create cutting-edge solutions for our products and services, while being part of something extraordinary, then check this out!
- Contribute to cutting-edge web and mobile applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and all internal integrated systems.
- Thoroughly vet new functionality and change requests for new and existing web/mobile apps.
- Participate in the ongoing development of applications that meet the needs of our customers.
- Review and analyze business and functional requirements and design document to design sound testing strategies
- Responsible for testing of mobile apps, including writing the test plans and test cases, and testing the complete application from the UI through to the backend
- Perform detailed cross-browser/cross-device testing, browser-based testing, mobile testing
- Maintain requirements traceability with test case coverage
- Provide expertise in understanding what to test, as well as how it should be tested
- Implement test methodology best practices as defined by departmental standards
- Advocate for testing standards
- Must maintain strong relationships with internal customers
- Participate in testing meetings, summarize results, issue/defect reporting, maintain metrics and provide go/no go recommendation
- Review software and production issues as they occur for a holistic analysis of the impacts and possible causes
- Create, execute, and document test plans and test cases (UAT, Integration, End-to-End, Regression, Beta), ensuring functional coverage and application performance
- 1+ year(s) as a professional Quality Assurance Specialist, testing applications with high volume and high-reliability requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment
- Aptitude for learning new technologies; supported by solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people with varying technical skill sets
- Ability to leverage experience to deliver reliable and repeatable tests
- Great understanding of quality engineering principles and test methodologies
- Ability to contribute to a vision of future state of testing by troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Experience in manual testing
- Understanding of Load/Performance testing concepts
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- 1-year experience in functional, integration or system testing web based applications desired
- Experience executing test plans and scripts and verifying expected results
- Exposure to automated testing tools
- Strong understanding of common software development life cycles (Agile, Waterfall, Iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools
How to apply:
- Submit an online application.
- You will receive an email response with further instructions.
- Accept the Spark Hire interview request and submit your video response.
- You will receive a second link via email for your panel interview.
- For Programmers: A coding assessment will take place. Complete the challenge and share your method for problem solving.
- A member from our Talent Team will contact you with the results.
We offer growth opportunities for everyone who joins Cavista!