- J.P. Laurel Ave, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines
At Cavista, our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions. We ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through a global network of innovation, and our software solutions are custom-built to accommodate your domain and requirements. Through world-class consultation, innovative IT solutions and personalized client services, Cavista increases operational efficiency for organizations of all sizes.
Cavista is searching for great talent in Davao City, Philippines. We are an open, agile environment, where transparent conversation ignites collaboration with a team of great thinkers. Everyone freely contributes, ideas override egos, and the best idea always wins. We embrace new technologies and pride ourselves on sustainable and quality code. In our world, opportunity paired with imagination is limitless and we build what others can only hope to dream. We build the best because we hire only the best! We’ve created an atmosphere allowing you to produce your best work, by catering to the creative.
This is a full-time, salaried role, based in Davao City, Philippines.
Who we are looking for...
A PHP Engineer seeking an opportunity to develop and create cutting-edge solutions for our products and services, while being part of something extraordinary.
- Develop new web applications using customized, open-source, and off-the-shelf applications and components.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and all internal integrated systems.
- Deliver new functionality and change requests for existing applications.
- Participate in the ongoing development of applications that meet the needs of our customers.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces (for ease of use).
- Develop database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develop external web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related discipline.
- 3+ years PHP development experience
- Recent versions of PHP (7.x preferred)
- Relational database setup and use (MySQL 5.6 or later)
- Git version control knowledge and experience
- Experience with RESTful API usage and implementation; experience creating/documenting an API is a plus
- Experience with Redis (or other NoSQL key-value store) is a plus
- Server and site performance optimization is a plus
- Preferred full-stack developer, but willing to mentor on needed areas
Additional preferred skills
- Laravel 5.x framework (or other similar MVC)
- Knowledge and use of Single Page Application design and implementation, including use of front-end tools such as CanJS, Vue, Aurelia, or Angular JS
- Experience with queues/workers in a distributed workload system (e.g. Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, Iron.io, Amazon SQS) is a plus
- Experience with Composer, NPM, Gulp, Grunt, or other tools in the build pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues with web server, database, security, network, and web technologies
- Customize, compile, install, configure, monitor and debug server instances, especially on NGINX
- Reporting, maintenance, and test automation tools in PHP (e.g. PHPUnit)
- Create and enhance in-house tools for website operations; support hardware & software issues
- Experience with customer & end-user support of online products; web, graphic and usability design
We offer growth opportunities for everyone who joins Cavista!