Intake Coordinator, Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (LCSW Applicants Only)
- 2090 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd, New York, NY 10027, USA
CASES keeps people out of jail and prison by engaging them in effective services that help them achieve success in the community. We specialize in serving youth and young adults and people with behavioral health needs. CASES is a leading New York City provider of alternatives to incarceration, a key solution for a fairer criminal justice system. This is an important time at CASES. New York City is on track to create a smaller, safer, and fairer criminal justice system. Working at CASES is more than a job. It is an opportunity to promote justice for New Yorkers with access to high-quality and evidence-based court services.
Reports to: Associate Director
- Rapidly and effectively engage clients in initial intake assessments
- Conduct screening and assessment in accordance with the use of validated screening tools to screen and assess for depression, trauma, substance use, and risk and needs associated with criminogenic risk
- If needed, refer clients to another provider more appropriate to their individual needs (e.g., should the client present with intellectual disabilities)
- Coordinate cases with CASES psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, nursing staff, peers, care managers, and administrative staff
- Use evidenced sequential screening for risk of violence including suicide and utilize risk management protocols to appropriately manage and intervene
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation using the Electronic Medical Record (EMR); document all services in accordance with CASES policies, NYS Office of Mental Health regulations and all relevant federal laws
- Provide culturally competent services that are individualized to client needs and reflect the integration of race, ethnicity, culture, primary language, immigration status, developmental status, criminal justice status, sexuality, age, and gender
- Provide crisis intervention services as deemed appropriate
- New York State LCSW/LMSW/LMHC individuals with CASAC preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a clinic setting or at least two years of work experience at a licensed mental health or substance use program
- Demonstrated expertise in recovery-oriented, trauma-informed, evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated experience with diverse adults receiving mental health treatment, including delivery of treatment to individuals with serious mental illness, functional impairments and psychosocial needs (homelessness, justice involvement, poverty, unemployment)
- Therapist will be expected within six months of employment to receive the Integrated Mental Health/Addictions Treatment Training Certificate (IMHATT).
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.