Advanced Clinical Services Director, Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (PMHNP-BC Only)
- 2090 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd, New York, NY 10027, USA
CASES is a New York City agency working at the forefront of the intersection between behavioral health and involvement in the criminal justice system. Our mission is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community. The Behavioral Health division consists of a continuum of services for justice-involved individuals with serious mental illness, including outpatient clinic, health home care management (HHCM), assertive community treatment (ACT), and intensive mobile treatment (IMT).
The Nathaniel Clinic is an OMH-licensed Article 31 clinic that provides outpatient mental health services to adolescents and adults, with a focus on providing care to those with involvement in the criminal legal system. Co-located with the clinic is primary care services provided by the Institute for Family Health (IFH). The Nursing Director will lead the ongoing primary care behavioral health integration initiative at the clinic through administrative liaison and direct care work.
- Act as administrative liaison with co-located primary care service agency, the Institute for Family Health (IFH)
- Lead clinical efforts around addressing the unique physical health needs of justice-involved outpatient clients
- Educate and coach clinic mental health staff about best practices for addressing client physical health care needs
- Assist with development of Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) group curriculum to include health groups
- Collaborate with clinical supervisor and quality assurance department to monitor medically high-risk clients
- Create policies and procedures for assessment, treatment planning, and interventions for client medical needs
- Provide direct psychiatric care services, such as psychiatric assessment, medication management (including Medication Assisted Treatment), crisis intervention, and group psychotherapy
- Board certified Advanced Practice Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) only
- Experience working with justice-involved individuals with behavioral health needs
- Previous use of an electronic health record
- Knowledge of NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) Part 599 regulations
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Strong commitment to social justice and the CASES mission
- Individuals with lived experience are encouraged to apply
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.