Data Analyst, Behavioral Health Services
- 2090 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd, New York, NY 10027, USA
CASES is a New York City agency working at the forefront of the intersection between behavioral health and involvement in the criminal justice system. Our mission is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community. The Behavioral Health division consists of a continuum of services for justice-involved individuals with serious mental illness, including outpatient clinic, health home care management (HHCM), assertive community treatment (ACT), and intensive mobile treatment (IMT).
The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the behavioral health services department through high level skills in database querying, data analysis, critical thinking, data visualization, and presentations.
Reports to: Senior Director, Behavioral Health Services
- Execute queries in databases to extract program datasets for analysis Build, configure, and transform large data files into tables, figures, charts, etc.
- Produce analyses on key program outcomes and drivers that influence program performance
- Use data visualization tools to maintain real-time data dashboards
- Assess data integrity to identify problematic data - conduct regular data quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy of data reports produced
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects requiring data extraction and analysis
- Prepare presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide feedback regarding optimization of databases for program workflow & data collection Develop expert skills in multiple electronic health records and databases
- Learn agency behavioral health services program operations
- Project management, administrative support, and other duties as requested by executive staff
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of work experience as a data analyst
- Advanced skill in Structured Query Language (SQL); skills in R or Python preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g., writing macros, get and transform functionality, pivot tables)
- Advanced skills in data visualization software, such as Tableau/Power BI
- Experience with electronic medical records and/or health care databases
- Highly organized, conscientious, and independent work style; superior attention to detail
- Strong commitment to social justice and the CASES mission
In one document, attach your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.