Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist
- 151 Lawrence St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
The mission of CASES is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community.
- We are committed to helping people—regardless of their past choices, present struggles, or future obstacles—to build the capacity and courage to change their lives.
- We tailor our services to each individual’s unique needs, risks, and strengths and believe the most effective programs are evidence-based, family-focused, and trauma-informed.
- We are committed to engaging the community by leveraging partnerships and resources to maximize our clients’ opportunities for success.
CASES needs a Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist who is dedicated to finding the best candidates to support our clients. We are growing rapidly and need someone to find and hire new staff to support our expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to help transform HR from transactional to strategic. This role as the potential for growth over time.
Who are You?
- You are passionate about CASES’ mission, vision and values.
- You can make ideas into realities and work through any challenges along the way.
- You are an “Is there a box?” thinker.
- You constantly strive to learn new things, share what you learn and improve the candidate and employee experience.
- You love talking to people and helping them find the right role for them.
- You are organized and focused. You handle high-volume hiring with composure.
What You Will Do?
- You will lead recruitment and retention efforts for Pretrial Services expansion, including sourcing, pipelining, screening, interviewing, background checking and on-boarding.
- You will use technology and data to recruit smarter and better. You will identify opportunities within SmartRecruiters to increase utilization and efficiency.
- You will plan and implement an aggressive recruiting strategy, including marketing, job fairs and social media in order to scale quickly.
- You will design and deliver Pretrial Services New Staff Orientation.
- In partnership with the HR Manager you will analyze job duties, write job descriptions and perform job evaluations and job analyses.
- You will identify and implement retention efforts to reduce turnover and improve engagement.
- You work closely with employees and manager to identify staff learning opportunities and to create, deliver and curate relevant training.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Recruiting and Human Resources. Experience working on engagement and retention efforts is a plus.
- Experience working with HR technology including applicant tracking systems, human capital management systems and Office365, preferred.
- Proven track record of high-volume recruiting, preferred.
- Prior experience in a non-profit or healthcare setting extremely helpful.
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.