- 151 Lawrence St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
The mission of CASES is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community.
- We are committed to helping people—regardless of their past choices, present struggles, or future obstacles—to build the capacity and courage to change their lives.
- We tailor our services to each individual’s unique needs, risks, and strengths and believe the most effective programs are evidence-based, family-focused, and trauma-informed.
- We are committed to engaging the community by leveraging partnerships and resources to maximize our clients’ opportunities for success.
Overview: CASES keeps people out of jail and prison by engaging them in effective services that help them achieve success in the community. We specialize in serving youth and young adults and people with behavioral health needs. CASES is a New York City leader at the forefront of alternatives to incarceration, a key solution for a fairer criminal justice system. As we begin a major expansion of our Pretrial Services Program, we seek a detail oriented, motivated Operations Coordinator to join our team.
Reports to: Chief Finance and Administration Officer
Responsibilities: The Operations Coordinator will work with Program and Administration staff to make certain adequate space, furniture, telecommunications and other equipment necessary to ensure the successful expansion of our Pretrial Services Program is available prior to start. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with brokers, building managers or other designated individuals to ensure space is built out to specifications outlined on the design/floor plans by target dates;
- Working with and assisting the Facilities Director in soliciting, leveling and evaluation of bids for any needed renovation that is CASES responsibility, and ensure coordination with building managers and/or designees as required;
- Working with Program Directors to identify furniture, fixture and equipment needs at each location.
- Working with Facilities, Information Services and program staff as needed to coordinate and ensure timely contracting and completion of security systems, networking equipment, telecommunications, photocopiers, WIFI and Internet installations;
- Attending regular meetings and walkthroughs at all new space locations to ensure any renovation, installation, etc. are meeting target date(s) and are completed according to plan. Write-up and circulate minutes of such meetings including next steps.
- Attend program implementation meetings;
- Create needed list(s) of selected items such as lighting, bathroom fixtures, etc. documenting replacement bulbs, toilet tissue, etc. that is needed for maintaining and upkeep of the space;
- Work with Facilities and Information Services to ensure that all new equipment and furniture is properly updated in the inventory;
- Performing other duties as needed and assigned by the CFO.
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Three or more years’ experience in project management, facilities or building management, purchasing, or related field;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite and other related programs, especially Excel, Outlook and Word;
- Ability to anticipate possible problems and develop contingency plans in advance;
- Ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.