OFFICE ASSISTANT/SERVICE ADVISER - DADAAB
- Muchai Dr, Nairobi, Kenya
- CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Reporting to the Assistant Workshop foreman, S/he will provide support to the Workshop and other Mechanical services operations.
Under general direction, S/he will work with the Assistant workshop foreman to coordinate the technical, administrative and customer service operations of an assigned Fleet Service under Mechanical Service Unit Operations.
S/he will be responsible for making initial motor vehicle diagnostic assessments, coordinating the workflow of the workshop and preparing vehicles for disposition or reassignment; Ascertaining performance problems in liaison with Fleet Workshop Forman and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; generating work orders through Fleet management system; maintaining customer rapport and records.
S/he Will assist other staff members with general office and secretarial tasks.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 1: CUSTOMER CARE SERVICES - 35%
- Receive vehicles and interprets information provided by users or drivers in order to diagnose maintenance issues specify repairs to be performed and estimate service time.
- Prepares vehicle work orders and inspection forms, and coordinates scheduled vehicle maintenance through the fleet management system.
- Coordinates the activities of several inter-related work teams by prioritizing and advising workshop Supervisor tasks to ensure the timely completion of all work required in the maintenance, repair, service and/or removal of vehicles, while monitoring workshop operations for safe performance.
- Coordinates maintenance and repair jobs records and feedback on Partners vehicles and Equipment with appropriate service contract and dealers in order to expedite work and maximize benefits of warranties and service contracts.
- Maintain fleet management register of equipment & vehicles data and maintenance history
- Analyzes inspection forms and work orders in order to determine specific needs accident and methodology required for optimal equipment performance and reliability to reduce on down time
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 2: QUALITY OFFICE MANAGEMENTS - 35%
- Tracking of maintenance schedule and review Work Orders after jobs are completed and update technician labor hours in tracking software.
- Maintains records in order to provide accurate and current documentation of all shop activities and archive management.
- To operate the computerized fleet management system, including manual data capturing.
- May be required to undertake any other duties consistent with the Job/grade as reliever to Assistant Workshop foreman.
- Maintain and monitor office supply stock levels and arrange to replenish.
- Forwarding PR’S to the procurement office and financial documents for approval to the support manager.
- Prepare Sitrep report, fleet data base and invoicing partners.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 3: DOCUMANTATION AND CONTROL OF WORKSHOP RECORDS - 30%
- Prepare and update leave roster, annual leave, and arrange production of statistical information as required.
- Updating of technical correspondence, photocopying and reception duties.
- Produces correspondence, reports, forms and related materials when need arises.
- Prepare Sitrep report, fleet data base
- Diploma in Business Management.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role
- Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite and Fleet Management
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Team work
- Maintains effectiveness and honesty
- Promotes diversity
- Excellent customer service skills.
Deadline to receive all applications will be on or before 12th January 2022, at 5.00 P.M EAT.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations. CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process. All CARE staffs are required to comply with the Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Protection (CP) policies.