FIELD OFFICER-REF: FO-23-5-2019 (Bungoma,Siaya,Kakamega)
- 43864, Bungoma,Siaya,Kakamega, Western, Kenya
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading humanitarian and development organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls because, equipped with the proper resources, they have the power to lift whole families and entire communities out of poverty. CARE commenced its humanitarian programme in Kenya in 1968. Since then we have built a substantial development and humanitarian program including refugee operations, emergency response, livelihoods, food security, climate change adaption, sexual reproductive and maternal health, women and girls’ economic empowerment, and youth employability.
JOB SUMMARY & PURPOSE:
In consultation with the Project Manager, the Field Officer (FO) will oversee sensitization, recruitment and appropriate training of Community Based Resource Persons to enhance promotion of general livelihood of target households in the Project. The FO will also train Community Based Resource Persons (CBRP) on financial inclusion and maintain a proper Savings Group MIS database. In addition the FO will continuously support the Community Based Trainers to meet the project deliverables which includes training, building confidence of beneficiaries, identifying, planning and managing household income generation activities and relevant technical skill development among others.
The aim of the Training Project is to train 4,000 small holder famers on financial literacy training; train 6,000 sweet potatoes famers on Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs) to enable them start and run VSLAs; conduct Agri- preneurship training to 250 vine multipliers, 1375 sweet potatoes small holder famers and 125 managers in up and down stream enterprises along the Diary and Sweet potatoes value chain; and identify 200 commercial smallholders’ farmers for close mentorship and coaching in Agri- preneurship.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Mobilize Community towards project activities.
- Create awareness creation on project goal, objectives and expected outputs.
- Facilitate development of community structures for managing the implementation of project activities.
- Facilitate recruitment and training of Community Based Resource Persons and Beneficiaries.
- Provide continuous re-orientation and training to Community Based Resource Persons and Beneficiaries on topical areas relevant to Financial Literacy, Village Savings & Loans, Agri-Preneurship Trainings and Business Development Support project implementation.
R2: Training of project Participants
- Facilitate identification and sensitization and training of participant Beneficiaries on areas relevant to the project.
- Provide technical support to Community Based Trainers and participating beneficiaries on Value Chain selection, planning and management and guidance in facilitating linkages to market (input and output) improvement.
- Facilitate linkage of Value Chain IGAs inputs and output service providers to suppliers , buyers and other relevant support
- Facilitate institutional development of community institutions to enhance collective action and negotiation.
R3: Monitoring of Project activities and reporting
- Facilitate joint planning and review meetings with the participating Beneficiaries.
- Maintain appropriate data on project implementation as per the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Compile reports as and when necessary.
R4: Management of Project Resources
- Facilitate procurement planning of Beneficiaries Trainings materials.
- Undertake proper maintenance and use assigned resources.
- Coordinate CBTs in the County.
CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS (internal & external):
Internally: Sector staff
Externally: Project stakeholders-Donors, GOK, other INGOs/NGOs, private sector – especially commercial financial institutions, input suppliers, output market points and service providers.
Experience: At least 2 years’ field experience in livelihood development or financial inclusion and capacity building using participatory techniques.
- Bachelor degree in social science or Bachelor of business/ Commerce, Community Development
- At least 2 years work experience in Community development/ Business development/ or Livelihoods/or Value Chain development programming
Deadline: 31st May, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Fixed contract ending November 2020.
Qualified female candidates highly encouraged to apply.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.