MONITORING EVALUATION AND INFORMATION OFFICER-REF: MELIO-12-4-2019-Garissa
- Garissa, Garissa, North Eastern, ke
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading humanitarian and development organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls because, equipped with the proper resources, they have the power to lift whole families and entire communities out of poverty. CARE commenced its humanitarian programme in Kenya in 1968. Since then we have built a substantial development and humanitarian program including refugee operations, emergency response, livelihoods, food security, climate change adaption, sexual reproductive and maternal health, women and girls’ economic empowerment, and youth employability.
The position of Monitoring Evaluation Learning & Information Officer is for a multi-donor funded 5-year resilience program in Northern Kenya, Garissa County. By close of this activity in August 2020, Kenya RAPID Program would have benefitted 70,000 people of Garissa County by contributing to sustainable and resilient livelihoods for communities in arid and semi arid lands (ASALs). The core activities are centred on WASH, livestock, agriculture for nutrition security and enhancing devolved governance. Key functions of this position are therefore summarized as taking lead in monitoring program implementation, tracking of program indicators, writing of technical narrative reports to donors, reviewing of field activities vis-a-vis indicators’ targets, program documentation, supporting program evaluation activities, coordinating online based activities specifically the WaMaSP, collaboration and networking with other program stakeholders.
Reporting to the County Program Manager the MELIO will work closely with the County department of ICT as well as the other line sectors supporting the implementation of Kenya RAPID activities. The officer will be based in Garissa County with over 70% in the field and is a full time position.
Position of the Information Officer
On a day to day operational level, the KENYA RAPID program will be coordinated by a County Coordination Unit (CCU) led by the county program manager. The program is housed at the county government premises and therefore collaboration with the host department, other USAID funded programs collectively called the PREG and the county program steering committee will be critical. The position will constantly take lead in taking minutes and other documentations by these forums and circulating same as will be necessary.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Tasks
.Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques
.Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
.Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities
· Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
. Experience with working with county governments, civil society, donors and local communities;
.Strong conceptual and analytical skills
.Demonstrate high levels of initiative
. Flexibility in tasks undertaken
. Extensive knowledge of participatory approaches
. Understanding of development/relief issues
. Experience in ASAL counties, proven sensitivity to the setting and its challenges
· Willingness to learn and self-improve
2. Information Management Tasks
· Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery solutions
· Overall knowledge of software and hardware firewalls
· Basic network troubleshooting skills
· Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
· Good communication skills using speech and writing
Required Qualifications and Experience:
● Bachelor degree in social studies, statistics or project management.
● Post training in Monitoring and Evaluation will be critical and added advantage
● ICT Certification, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent is desired
● At least 5 years work experience in progressive responsibility in relief and development programs, including some significant time in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with mobile technologies shall be an added advantage.
● Demonstrated knowledge experience in managing evaluation and monitoring data.
· To support to develop data base for the program activities and documentaries
· To support program documentation such human interest stories, project visibility, case studies and photo galleries
· To support in compiling and reviewing monthly, quarterly, annual and final donor reports
· Support other field activities not necessary related to ICT and MEL
· Take lead in private engagement linkage and governance activities
· Provide back support for ICT and internet infrastructure for Kenya RAPID Garissa office
· Work with the country office knowledge management team and other external documentation such as MWA and media teams to do documentaries related to Kenya RAPID.
· Escalate program visibility and media coverage through dissemination forums such PMG and other national or international events.
Deadline: 21st April, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates highly encouraged to apply.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.