GENDER YOUTH & SOCIAL DYNAMICS LEAD - KENYA DFSA: - REF: GYSD-07-02-2019
- Kenya, Kenya, Kenya, ke
Defending Dignity, Fighting Poverty. That’s what it’s about – and for over 40 years now, CARE has worked tirelessly in Kenya to this aim – to find long-lasting and sustainable solutions to poverty in Kenya. Join us on a journey through the years, from CARE’s little project in 1968 to now.
· Provide leadership in planning, implementation and monitoring of gender and youth focused strategies and interventions;
· Lead the design and implementation of gender and youth analysis studies, including, developing research protocols and data collection tools, supervising data collection, facilitating focus group discussions, and analyzing sex-and age-disaggregated data from a broad range of sources for the identification of gender and youth specific issues;
· Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure gender and youth integration in the project is achieved;
· Design gender training and train consortium field staff and staff from government and other stakeholders on gender and youth integration and empowerment in food security programming;
· Collect data and figures from field teams and compile and submit monthly quarterly and annual reports of ongoing projects to the COP.
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders – including community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, and community based organizations to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination. Develop and maintain constructive relationships with key local government and Ministry officials;
· In-depth understanding of gender, age and socio-cultural factors in food security programming, and knowledge of gender and youth analytical frameworks.
· Demonstrable capacity to lead collection, analysis and utilization of information from a wide range of sources;
· Awareness and knowledge of GBV issues, knowledge, skill and experience in participatory methods for community education and mobilization;
· Excellent facilitation, training and research skills and the ability to lead participatory learning, action and collaborative problem solving;
· Excellent report writing, research documentation, presentation skills and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated experience of monitoring and evaluating projects as well as conducting literature reviews and identifying knowledge gaps;
· Familiar with the issues and cultures in Kenya or closely related East African countries, and ability to interact with people at all levels, individually and/or in groups;
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, per year, to remote project sites in northern Kenya;
EDUCATION AND EXPERINCE:
· A bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic area plus seven years of field experience at the community level is required.
· A minimum of five years of experience in economic development programming related to gender and youth, with two years at a managerial level is preferred
Deadline: 28th February, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.