Senior Finance Assistant
- Yayasan CARE Peduli, Jln. Taman Margasatwa no. 26, Blok D, Ragunan Pasar Minggu, Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP)
CARE, like many other INGOs, has been putting in practice its institutional commitment to diversification within the confederation and to the localization of aid and strengthening partnerships with national entities. In line with this, in July 2018 the Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) was established as the national CARE entity that will continue CARE’s presence and operations in Indonesia. CARE believes that this important step in the evolution of CARE’s presence in Indonesia will further enhance its more strategic role in both the development and the humanitarian fields.
As a national entity not only will YCP continue CARE’s activities, programs and presence, but that as a result YCP could also contribute more significantly in addressing and representing national development priorities both in Indonesia and globally as well.
As part of this organizational evolution, Yayasan CARE Peduli is seeking for committed, resourceful individuals who are passionate about poverty reduction, gender equality and social justice to spearhead YCP’s operations and advocacy on those priority issues.
Reporting directly and working under the supervision of the Accounting & Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Assistant provides financial services, which include managing, analyzing and processing various accounts and transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the completeness and eligibility of payment vouchers (Travel/Project Advance and Travel/Project Expense Report). Ensuring all the recorded data is correct including FC and account code and sub-analysis.
- Review the completeness and eligibility of payment documents to Vendors and Partner to ensure that the supporting documents are complete and the transaction is authorized properly.
- Follow up the incomplete document and findings/questions raised with other Support Unit and Program.
- Entering the eligible transactions to SCALA AP module and prepare the check and bank transfer instruction.
Management of the Office’s Sub-Ledgers
- Provide support to Accounting & Finance Manager in performing the month-end closing and year-end closing. This includes but not limited to checking the GL, AR, AP balance after closing.
- Facilitate audits by providing documentation support and responding to audit question.
- Responsible for the following tasks on monthly basis:
- Analyze unusual transactions incurred by the Sub-Offices and produce report to the supervisor.
- Manage some sub-ledgers i.e. vendor advance, sub grantee advance, staff advance etc. This includes the preparation of sub-ledger and follow up any necessary action to Program and other support unit.
- Scan and file the Bank Reconciliation, Partner Agreement and Partner’s Legal Documents
- Manage finance filing system (hard copy)
- Correspondence with partners regarding the reminder of due date of Financial Report.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
- Other additional tasks as required by the direct supervisor and management.
1. Education, experience and technical competencies
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Have at least five years’ experience in financial services.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and familiarity with financial principles and practices.
- Advanced MS Excel skills is required, familiarity with accounting software is desirable.
- Demonstrate good command of English and Indonesian, both written and spoken are essential
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated the ability to effectively interact and work across unit, project and an effective team player.
- Have effective organizational and time management skills.
- Have high integrity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
- Committed to fostering respectful, collaborative, learning and empowering work culture.
- Commitment to values that CARE upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation.
- Commitment to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
Please note: If you’ve got some of the requirements but not all of them, we would still encourage you to apply if this job excites you!
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Please note that relocation cost will not be covered.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and diplomas.
Please submit your applications ASAP, at the latest by 9 September 2019.
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Note that the position is rolling until suitable candidate is identified.