Finance Officer, Palu
- Yayasan CARE Peduli, Sulawesi Emergency Response Office, Palu, Sulawesi Tengah, Indonesia
Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP)
CARE, like many other INGOs, has been putting in practice its institutional commitment to diversification within the confederation and to the localization of aid and strengthening partnerships with national entities. In line with this, in July 2018 the Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) was established as the national CARE entity that will continue CARE’s presence and operations in Indonesia. CARE believes that this important step in the evolution of CARE’s presence in Indonesia will further enhance its more strategic role in both the development and the humanitarian fields.
As a national entity not only will YCP continue CARE’s activities, programs and presence, but that as a result YCP could also contribute more significantly in addressing and representing national development priorities both in Indonesia and globally as well.
As part of this organizational evolution, Yayasan CARE Peduli is seeking for committed, resourceful individuals who are passionate about poverty reduction, gender equality and social justice to spearhead YCP’s operations and advocacy on those priority issues.
Finance Officer role is to ensure the financial viability of CARE emergency and recovery interventions. He/She plays a crucial role in providing high quality financial management information necessary to support an effective humanitarian operation, assisting team support and program, manage cash and bank transaction. Finance officer is also responsible to build the capacity of CARE partners in financial reporting and ensure that their financial report due on time. The Finance Officer will report directly to the Office Manager, Palu and will work with the Finance and Grant Units, Jakarta.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting and Finance in Palu:
- Manage cash and bank transactions
- Process cash receipts from staff and ensure that they are deposited in a timely manner
- Manage petty cash (compliance of petty cash management - SOP) and enter these into Scala after review
- Prepare bank reconciliations on time
- Ensure that where there are errors, adjusting entries are raised to effect corrections
- Maintain blank + signed cheques
- Prepare journal and general ledger
- Enter financial data into the Scala system
- Prepare daily and monthly financial report of Palu office operation
- Review and process payments to vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Ensure the complete supporting documents of the financial transactions and that all reporting is based on CARE finance SOP and Policy.
- Ensure that all documents are filed properly and on time
Grant Management for Partner:
- Conduct regular visit to review the completeness of all transactions documents, follow up all findings until completed and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Ensure all implementing partners submit their monthly financial report in timely manner and equipped with adequate supporting documents.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
- Other additional tasks as required by the direct supervisor and management.
1. Education, experience and technical competencies
- Bachelor degree in accounting, business administration or finance.
- Minimum three years of experience in finance management and accounting in development/humanitarian/public sector/organization.
- Excellent numerical skills and demonstrated financial analysis capability.
- Ability to use financial system to track accounting activity.
- Understand and can work with SCALA software is a plus.
- Fluency in Bahasa and intermediate written and spoken English Language skills.
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated the ability to effectively interact and work across unit, project and an effective team player.
- Have effective organizational and time management skills.
- Have high integrity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
- Committed to fostering respectful, collaborative, learning and empowering work culture.
- Commitment to values that CARE upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation.
- Commitment to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
Please note: If you’ve got some of the requirements but not all of them, we would still encourage you to apply if this job excites you!
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Please note that relocation cost will not be covered.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and diplomas.
Please submit your applications ASAP, at the latest by 12 September 2019.
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Note that the position is rolling until suitable candidate is identified.