General Services Assistant
- Yayasan CARE Peduli, Jln. Taman Margasatwa no. 26, Blok D, Ragunan, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP)
CARE, like many other INGOs, has been putting in practice its institutional commitment to diversification within the confederation and to the localization of aid and strengthening partnerships with national entities. In line with this, in July 2018 the Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) was established as the national CARE entity that will continue CARE’s presence and operations in Indonesia. CARE believes that this important step in the evolution of CARE’s presence in Indonesia will further enhance its more strategic role in both the development and the humanitarian fields.
As a national entity not only will YCP continue CARE’s activities, programs and presence, but that as a result YCP could also contribute more significantly in addressing and representing national development priorities both in Indonesia and globally as well.
As part of this organizational evolution, Yayasan CARE Peduli is seeking for committed, resourceful individuals who are passionate about poverty reduction, gender equality and social justice to spearhead YCP’s operations and advocacy on those priority issues.
Reporting directly and working under the supervision of the Director for Support Operations, the General Services Assistant will provide administrative support and ensure the smooth day to day operation of the office including administrations, office supplies, equipment and asset use. Ensuring adherence to YCP policies as well as regularly communicating the administrative of the policies to respected employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervision and Teamwork
- Work as a team with Support Operations team member(s) to support the needs of the organization.
- Provide oversight over the activities of office helper and driver.
Policies and Systems
- Support the Director in recommending and implementing the office procedures and systems.
- Ensure up-to-date and well-documented records, both manual and electronic/systems-stored records.
- Develop and implement work plan of the office/general services.
Administrations and Operations
- Oversee the delivery of day-to-day office services, including office cleanliness; mailing services; vehicle pool operation; security services.
- Manage and ensure the availability of office supplies, including kitchen supplies.
- Oversee effective and professional operations of Jakarta office’s front line/reception, ensure positive and professional impression of CARE Indonesia to clients and the public.
- Support communications (written correspondence, phone calls, visitors) and attend to and/or forward enquiries to relevant project/unit.
- Manage logistics of meetings of Jakarta Office, both internally and externally.
- Coordinate the travel arrangement for YCP employees and related administrative documentation.
- Ensure vehicle logs completion, monitor vehicle use and fuel consumption reports.
- Support the Director in liaising with relevant external parties related to the operations of the office, such as travel and hospitality services, sub-contracting companies, general insurance companies, etc.
- Support the Director and work with the Procurement & Operations Assistant on the office’s central inventory, storage, archives and disposal of records.
- Support the Director in the physical office maintenance, the office’s mechanical and electrical issues and works, safety and security, and other building/office-related issues.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
- Other additional tasks as required by the management.
1. Education, experience and technical competencies
- Degree in any relevant field with at least five years’ experience in a similar position.
- Have experience in administration and office management.
- Have experience in team supervision or personnel management.
- Conversant on contract service is desirable.
- Understanding of safety and security issues is desirable.
- Demonstrate good command of English and Indonesian, both written and spoken are essential.
- Excellent IT/computer skills.
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated the ability to effectively interact and work across unit, project and an effective team player.
- Strong management skills with effective organizational and time management skills.
- Have high integrity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
- Committed to fostering respectful, collaborative, learning and empowering work culture.
- Commitment to values that CARE upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation.
- Commitment to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
Please note: If you’ve got some of the requirements but not all of them, we would still encourage you to apply if this job excites you!
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Please note that relocation cost will not be covered.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and diplomas.
Please submit your applications ASAP, at the latest by 30 August 2019.
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Note that the position is rolling until suitable candidate is identified.