- Yayasan CARE Peduli, Jln. Taman Margasatwa no. 26 Blok D, Ragunan, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP)
CARE, like many other INGOs, has been putting in practice its institutional commitment to diversification within the confederation and to the localization of aid and strengthening partnerships with national entities. In line with this, in July 2018 the Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) was established as the national CARE entity that will continue CARE’s presence and operations in Indonesia. CARE believes that this important step in the evolution of CARE’s presence in Indonesia will further enhance its more strategic role in both the development and the humanitarian fields.
As a national entity not only will YCP continue CARE’s activities, programs and presence, but that as a result YCP could also contribute more significantly in addressing and representing national development priorities both in Indonesia and globally as well.
As part of this organizational evolution, Yayasan CARE Peduli is seeking for committed, resourceful individuals who are passionate about poverty reduction, gender equality and social justice to spearhead YCP’s operations and advocacy on those priority issues.
Reporting to the Director for Support Operations, this position is the key focal point to provide procurement administration and support services effectively and efficiently for the organization including projects that may need the support whenever required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Policies and Systems (20%)
- Contribute to the development of procurement documentation including, but not limited to, procurement plans and scheduling.
- Contribute to the updating and enhancement of the procurement procedures to ensure relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of procurement services.
- Under the Director for Support Operations guidance, undertake research and analysis into the supply market and customer requirements, including gathering information from a variety of sources, identifying trends and preparing reports, including recommendations.
- Liaise closely with the HR Manager to ensure synced remuneration standards for services.
Procurement Execution (60%)
- Assist the Director for Support Operations in the Procurement Plan preparation and procurement scheduling.
- Prepare and/or evaluate scope of work/specifications and bidding documents, evaluation guidelines, negotiation plans, evaluation reports and purchase recommendations.
- Assist in the evaluation of offers, including the development of evaluation methodology and criteria.
- Prepare the contract/agreement documents, and provides support for the implementation, transition and management of the contract.
- Provide basic procurement advice to staff.
Relationship Management and Administration (20%)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal clients.
- Develops and maintains continuous feedback to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date database on vendors and contracts/agreements.
- Supports the Director for Support Operations on assets management through development and maintenance of inventory list and annual checks.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Procurement Director.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
- Other additional tasks as required by the supervisor and management.
1. Education, experience and technical competencies
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in any field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience – desirable if possess some experience in public procurement or donor-funded projects.
- Knowledge of the procurement process relating to the establishment and implementation of contracts.
- Experience in the preparation of procurement documents such as procurement plans (including market approach), specifications, bidding documents and evaluation plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management principles and cost and benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of procurement related policies, systems, practices and procedures including probity.
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and clients.
- Possess and promote a commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements and exercise good judgment.
- Have high integrity and maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, probity and ethical conduct.
- Commitment to values that CARE upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation and upholds Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
Please note: If you’ve got some of the requirements but not all of them, we would still encourage you to apply if this job excites you!
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Please note that relocation cost will not be covered.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and diplomas.
Please submit your applications ASAP, at the latest by 30 August 2019.
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Note that the position is rolling until suitable candidate is identified.