Director of Support Operations
- Yayasan CARE Peduli, Jl. Taman Margasatwa No.26 Blok D, Ragunan, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP)
CARE, like many other INGOs, has been putting in practice its institutional commitment to diversification within the confederation and to the localization of aid and strengthening partnerships with national entities. In line with this, in July 2018 the Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) was established as the national CARE entity that will continue CARE’s presence and operations in Indonesia. CARE believes that this important step in the evolution of CARE’s presence in Indonesia will further enhance its more strategic role in both the development and the humanitarian fields.
As a national entity not only will YCP continue CARE’s activities, programs and presence, but that as a result YCP could also contribute more significantly in addressing and representing national development priorities both in Indonesia and globally as well.
As part of this organizational evolution, Yayasan CARE Peduli is seeking for committed, resourceful individuals who are passionate about poverty reduction, gender equality and social justice to spearhead YCP’s operations and advocacy on those priority issues.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of YCP’s Senior Management Team, this position’s objective is to direct and coordinate the internal structure of the organisation based on the strategic objectives, goals and established policies of the organization to ensure an efficient and effective working environment and quality delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic operations management (40%)
- Develop strategic plan to ensure operational efficiency, effectiveness and accountability of the organization.
- Develop procedures and systems to implement the organizational business processes that are in line with and towards achieving internationally-recognized standards, i.e. ISO 9001 and ISO 26000.
- Establish, maintain and implement effective and efficient procedures to ensure rapid response and delivery of needs in emergency situations, balancing between the need for compliance and flexibility.
- Ensures the organization’s operations methods are in par and in line and comparable with most recent trends in the field.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that a safe and secure working environment is maintained at all field sites.
- Develop budget plans to control expense and meet cost objectives.
- Collaborate with senior management team to build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability.
- Act as the main adviser on all issues relating operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the organization maintains its competitive position.
Service delivery oversight (40%)
- Manage and prioritize operations team workload and matters relating to the day to day operations in order to meet goals and deadlines and ensures timely and quality delivery services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor performance metrics and evaluate operational effectiveness to continuously improve the organizational business processes.
- Oversees the development and functioning of the organization’s business operating and communications system that is in keeping with technological development trends and cost efficiency objectives.
- Oversees the overall Procurement Plan preparation and execution to ensure their cost-effective methods and timeliness.
- Works with the HR Unit to prepare an engaged and skilled workforce planning and evaluation system and ensures staff welfare and people management issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Chairs disciplinary, grievance, capability hearings and appeals as required.
- Closely coordinate with the Finance Director on internal and external audit activities and risk management.
- Oversights office management and administrative support matters to ensure smooth, efficient and conducive work environment.
- Regularly liaise and update other divisions to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all organizational activities in support of the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to operations team members and other staff as relevant to ensure comprehension, compliance and personal development.
External relations (20%)
- Maintain and effective relationship with key institutions related to operations area to ensure timely reporting, compliance, up-to-date information on relevant regulatory development.
- Represent the organization in relevant forums and working groups across within the confederation and in the country.
- Support and represents the organization on any legal cases that may arise.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
1. Education, experience and technical competencies
- Advanced degree (Masters) in financial management, business administration, public administration, or a relevant field.
- Possess at least 10 years of operations management and leadership, ideally in a complex nonprofit/development project with multiple funding sources.
- Experienced manager with proven record in a senior management position in administrative and finance role including HR, procurement, IT and general services.
- Proven record in high level facilitation and negotiation, and experienced in developing and preparing operations strategies and their implementation.
- Knowledge of Safety, Quality, and Cost Objectives.
- Well versed in Indonesian government laws and regulations and familiarity with relevant institutions related to finance and general operations matters.
- Demonstrate excellent command of English and Indonesian, both written and spoken are essential.
- Computer literacy.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management.
- Excellent strategic thinking, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Driven to achieve result and problem solving with strong decision-making capacity.
- Not risk averse but able to exercise good judgment on risk taking.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
- Committed to fostering respectful, collaborative, learning and empowering work culture.
- Commitment to values that CARE upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation and upholds Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
Please note: If you’ve got some of the requirements but not all of them, we would still encourage you to apply if this job excites you!
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Please note that relocation cost will not be covered.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and diplomas.
Please submit your applications ASAP, at the latest by 30 August 2019.
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Note that the position is rolling until suitable candidate is identified.