Human Resources Manager
- Yayasan CARE Peduli, Jln. Taman Margasatwa no. 26 Blok D, Ragunan, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP)
CARE, like many other INGOs, has been putting in practice its institutional commitment to diversification within the confederation and to the localization of aid and strengthening partnerships with national entities. In line with this, in July 2018 the Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) was established as the national CARE entity that will continue CARE’s presence and operations in Indonesia. CARE believes that this important step in the evolution of CARE’s presence in Indonesia will further enhance its more strategic role in both the development and the humanitarian fields.
As a national entity not only will YCP continue CARE’s activities, programs and presence, but that as a result YCP could also contribute more significantly in addressing and representing national development priorities both in Indonesia and globally as well.
As part of this organizational evolution, Yayasan CARE Peduli is seeking for committed, resourceful individuals who are passionate about poverty reduction, gender equality and social justice to spearhead YCP’s operations and advocacy on those priority issues.
The Human Resources Manager will guide and manage the overall provision of human resources services, policies and programs, provide efficient and effective support to the management and employees, ensure alignment of HR management to the organizational goals. The HR Manager will report to the Support Operations Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Staffing Plan and Supervision (30%)
- Work as a team with other HR and Support Operations team member(s) to support the needs of the organization.
- Provide quality control and oversight over the activities of other members of the HR team, as well as consultants/contractors with HR-related work.
- In coordination with the Directors, develop staffing plan for YCP. Work with the Finance Director/Team on the budgeting/funding of newly created positions.
- Manage the overall recruitment activities and ensure that recruitment is within the staffing plan and budget, from coordination with the Hiring Unit to interviewing & reporting, and preparing job offer & employee agreement/contract.
- Conduct proper: (a) orientation for new employee and (b) exit process for departing employees.
Policies and Systems (20%)
- Responsible for the HR-related policies formulation, processes and systems development. Keeping updated on Government’s employment-related regulations, and promote best practices & improvement of HR management.
- Provide recommendation as needed by the Board of Directors on YCP’s Compensation & Benefits policies.
- Ensure up-to-date and well-documented personnel and human resources-related records, both manual and electronic/systems-stored records.
Human Resource Development (20%)
- Reviewing the Job Descriptions in coordination with the Senior Management Team as required, to ensure up-to-date and alignment of roles and responsibilities with organizational development and needs.
- Oversee the Performance Management process and administration.
- Analyze and propose overall learning and development needs including needs assessment exercise, coordinate in-house training, carry-out review on training programs and training providers.
Staff Welfare (20%)
- Oversee the management of payroll, including the income tax (computation and reporting).
- Manage the compensation and benefits functions, among others staff’s timesheets, leaves records & the reporting; medical, BPJS & other insurance administration; other compensation and benefits-related tasks.
- Assess options to improve and enhance staff benefits system.
- Serve as the primary focal point for internal complaint mechanism and conduit to YCP’s Code of Conduct and Work Ethics.
Relationship Management (10%)
- Act as facilitator in the resolution of ‘employee relations’ matters, and work with all employees to ensure good, balance and healthy working relationships within Yayasan CARE Peduli.
- Liaise with relevant government entities, among others BPJS, Ministry/Bureau of Employment, Immigration Office, etc.
- Actively participate in relevant forums/associations, directly or through online methods.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
- Other additional tasks as required by the management.
1. Education, experience and technical competencies
- Degree or equivalent training/progressive experience in human resources or related fields.
- Have up-to-date knowledge and sound understanding of HR issues and best practices, and employment law/regulations.
- At least 7 years of experience in HR planning, policies & systems development, recruitment, performance management, compensation & benefits.
- Have up-to-date knowledge and competent on employee income taxation.
- Proven experience of team supervision or personnel management.
- Understanding of safety and security issues is desirable
- Experience in a development project or agency is an advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent command of English and Indonesian, both written and spoken are essential.
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Exercise good judgement and demonstrates high degree of courtesy, discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to effectively interact and collaborate with people in across units/projects/departments and institutions.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills.
- Committed to fostering respectful, collaborative, learning and empowering work culture.
- Commitment to values that CARE upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation.
- Commitment to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
Please note: If you’ve got some of the requirements but not all of them, we would still encourage you to apply if this job excites you!
YCP is an equal opportunity employer, women candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer collegial working environment and competitive salary and benefits package. Please note that relocation cost will not be covered.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and diplomas.
Please submit your applications ASAP, at the latest by 30 August 2019.
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Note that the position is rolling until suitable candidate is identified.