IT Help Desk Technician
- 4930 Emco Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46220, USA
Bytecafe Consulting, an experienced Managed Service Provider in Indianapolis for 20 years has an opening for a IT Help Desk Technician for its Indianapolis office.
Bytecafe is looking for a top-tier IT Help Desk Technician to drive customer satisfaction through our technical help desk. You would be the point of contact for client technical issues. We are looking for people who can get things done and provide a 'Wow' experience for our clients.
The role of a IT Help Desk Technician will provide first level support to our clients by offering professional, courteous and prompt technical support via onsite visits or by remote administration including problem definition, prioritization, analysis, re-creation, resolution, and escalation as needed.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience in managing end client networks
- Experience in system configuration
- Problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of networking concepts preferred
- Must have knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Familiarity with most of the following products: Windows Servers 2012, 2016 and 2019, Windows 10, Android/iPhone/iPad, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Remote support best practices
- Must have good customer service and phone skills
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Must have high attention to detail and must be very organized
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Must be a MCP
- A+ & Network+ Certifications are a plus
- Resolving and facilitating assigned client support issues from case logging through management of escalation or resolution.
- Utilizing provided tools and documentation in resolving technical issues or reproducing problem cases.
- Responding to client cases and field inquiries in a timely and effective manner by providing answers to known questions and reproducing straightforward technical problems.
- Be an advocate for providing satisfaction to clients by maintaining a proactive approach to managing and maintain reliable infrastructure.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate within the team.
- Provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, possess a “Get Things Done” attitude and be willing to take ownership of assigned service orders to ensure the issue is properly resolved to the satisfaction of the client.
- Learn new SMB products and diagnostic tools and share knowledge with others.
- Provide feedback on product and/or process initiatives developed in other areas.
- Update Client Network Documentation.
- Perform other work related responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- 2-4 years of relevant IT Help Desk Support experience.
- Must be a Microsoft Certified Professional.
- A+ certification a plus.
- Experience in system configuration.
- Working knowledge of technology architecture.
- Must have knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Familiarity with most of the following products: Windows Servers 2012, 2016 & 2019, Windows 10, Android/iPhone/iPad, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Office 365 Remote support best practices.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Documentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Eager to learn new technologies and concepts.
- Acute attention-to-detail.
- Must be self-motivated to bring issues to closure.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- A background check and clean DMV report are required.
- Some travel may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Bytecafe offers a competitive benefits package including Simple IRA, medical, dental/ortho and vision, paid time off, holiday pay per company policies.