- 4930 Emco Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46220, USA
Are you a detail-oriented, task completing, super wizard of all things? Do you love to create and format documents? Does your passion lie in processes and procedures? Are you generally a happy, pleasant person? If so, we may have just the job for you! Bytecafe is a fast-paced and energetic company that is in the middle of an exciting growth curve and is looking for qualified individuals to join the team and contribute to a culture rooted in collaboration in the growing, innovative industry of IT.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- High School Diploma required, advanced education preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous, relevant experience serving in an administrative assistant capacity in a professional office setting.
- Previous marketing or social media experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of how to use office equipment (i.e. Scanner, fax, copier, telephone).
- Help create, update, polish, execute, automate, track, and follow up on new and existing marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the overall administration of a small (less than 10 person) but growing company.
- Event coordination: local business events, trade shows, and other various prospecting events.
- Support the sales department by confirming appointments.
- Policy and procedure creation & improvement.
- Answer phone with professionalism.
- Make outgoing marketing follow-up and confirmation phone calls.
- Assist owners with day-to-day activities as needed.
Schedule and Hours:
- This is an hourly, part-time position working approximately 28 hours weekly.
- Suggested schedule: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Based upon the successful candidate and the needs of the company, schedule may be adjusted.
- PAY: Starting $13-$15 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Personal Competencies Required for the Position:
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Time Management: Manages one's own time.
- Critical Thinking: Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Multi-tasking: Ability to successfully and efficiently work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge.
- Must possess excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, and should be able to work as a team player.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of computers, Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Speech Clarity: The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition: The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Near Vision: The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Information Ordering: The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Selective Attention: The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Normal professional, office environment.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.