Manager Product Design
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Bynder helps visionary brands like Burton, Spotify, PUMA, and Tommy Hilfiger accelerate growth through the power of creative content and branding. Our software helps over half a million creative, branding and marketing professionals streamlining the creation, distribution and measurement of digital assets. We pioneered the SaaS model for Digital Asset Management, which is a large and growing part of the $121 billion mar-tech industry. Bynder is backed by Insight Partners, with offices in Amsterdam, Boston, San Mateo, London, Barcelona and Dubai.
For more information, visit www.bynder.com or follow Bynder on Twitter @ Bynder.
Our Product Design team serves a vital role at Bynder, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. As a designer, visionary and systems-level design thinker, you will provide leadership to a team of designers and direction for a portfolio of integrated SaaS products. You will collaborate with other Product and Engineering teams to create holistic and compelling experiences for our customers.
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. We expect candidates for this role to have an understanding of how to frame customer problems and design for outcomes.
What you will do:
- Build, lead and mentor a team of Designers working across all of our global product squads
- Lead by example, setting the bar for relationship building and design excellence.
- Lead design critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, quarterly business reviews, and design sprint planning.
- Help ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is balanced for the team’s ability, desire, and time.
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels.
- Recruit, interview, and hire Designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a management role, responsible for both individuals and overall program ownership
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing Product Design team, as part of a product-oriented software company
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience closely partnering with product leadership to develop the strategy and rationale for functionality
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we have:
- An exciting position in an international agile organisation and expansive entrepreneurial freedom
- Possibility to make a real impact on a fast growing tech company
- Latest technologies, Apple gear and industry training
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free in-office lunch and drinks
- Travel expenses
- Regular chair massages