Senior DevOps Engineer
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Bynder is award-winning marketing software that allows brands to easily create, find and use content, such as documents, graphics and videos. More than 150,000 brand managers, marketers and creatives use Bynder’s brand portals every day to collaborate globally, produce, review and approve new marketing collateral, and circulate company content at the click of a button. Brands using Bynder go to market faster and achieve end-to-end brand consistency across all channels and regions, with simplified collaboration across the organization.
Bynder delivers the most advanced branding automation solution, empowering over 350 companies globally including KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Logitech and AkzoNobel.
Founded in 2013 by CEO Chris Hall, Bynder is established globally with headquarters in Amsterdam and offices across the Netherlands, UK, US, Spain and UAE.
In 2019 Bynder will keep growing steadily with a focus on stability and new features that will certainly bring a lot of new challenges. In order to successfully comply with our product vision we need you: a self-motivated problem solver, capable of taking responsibility and provide solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of the DevOps squad and together with the squad you will refine and work on projects.
You will be involved in redesigning our CI/CD pipeline. Deployment wise, Kubernetes is the global goal for this year. Exciting times ahead!
You will work in an agile environment closely cooperating with our Chief Technology Officer and Product Team.Your typical day as a DevOps engineer will be action packed; Be ready for a dynamic environment that requires the flexibility to work independently, take initiative to lead projects while collaborating with the team to expedite the creation and deployment of our game-changing SaaS platform. But of course there is always a cold beer waiting for you at the end of each day. Work hard, play hard! That's how we roll!
What you will do:
- Build and maintain our production infrastructure to ensure scalability and high-availability while maximizing development team efficiency
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues related to product and infrastructure.
- Implement solutions for automated provisioning of clusters and centralised configuration management using orchestration and configuration management tools
- Ensure that proactive and efficient monitoring is in place for all our vital microservices, while an advanced alarming system is notifying us for unusual behavior
- Perform automated deployments to create new or update existing production/staging environments
- Be responsible for packaging and distribution of our custom software libraries
- Continuous Integration and Delivery for all our microservices
- Provide insights into scalability and maintenance to developers
Who you are:
- You love ownership; you design it, you build it, you own it!
- Self-motivated individual as well as being a team player in the DevOps squad
- You have worked as a DevOps engineer (or similar position like Software Engineer, Cloud Engineer) for at least 2 years
- You have experience in architecting systems based on functional and non-functional requirements
You know about:
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu)Public Clouds (Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform)
- Container Orchestration and Containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Continuous Integration, Delivery & Deployments (GoCD, Jenkins)
- Cloud Orchestration, Automation & Service configuration (preferably Terraform and Ansible)
- Monitoring/Alerting (ELK, Cloudwatch, NewRelic, DataDog)
- Data Engines (SQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Object Storage, Block storage)
- Scripting (preferably Python and Shell.
What we have:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Latest technologies, Apple equipment and industry training
- A Competitive salary
- Possibility to make a real impact on a fast growing tech company
- Free in-office lunch and drinks
- Regular massages
- Awesome office in Rotterdam right at the Blaak train station
Why Bynder is your next home
At Bynder, we <3 innovation! We challenge each other every day and we are all into the latest technical stuff. We love the freedom to come up with new ideas and initiatives – we test, trial, fall and learn all the time and that’s what makes us awesome. You’ll work in a team of motivated and driven development boys and girls (who also like chill at the bar to grab a cold beer.)