- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Bynder is award-winning marketing software that allows brands to easily create, find and use content, such as documents, graphics and videos. More than 150,000 brand managers, marketers and creatives use Bynder’s brand portals every day to collaborate globally, produce, review and approve new marketing collateral, and circulate company content at the click of a button. Brands using Bynder go to market faster and achieve end-to-end brand consistency across all channels and regions, with simplified collaboration across the organization.
Bynder delivers the most advanced branding automation solution, empowering over 350 companies globally including KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Logitech and AkzoNobel.
Founded in 2013 by CEO Chris Hall, Bynder is established globally with headquarters in Amsterdam and offices across the Netherlands, UK, US, Spain and UAE.
In 2017 Bynder will keep growing steadily with a focus on stability and new features that will certainly bring a lot of new challenges. In order to successfully comply with our product vision we need you: a self-motivated problem solver, capable of taking responsibility and provide solutions. As a DevOps Engineer and a member of the DevOps squad at Bynder, you will be responsible to improve and maintain our Cloud infrastructure while participating in architecture decisions for current and future projects. You will work in an agile environment closely cooperating with our Chief Technology Officer and product owners.
Your typical day will be action packed: Be ready for a dynamic environment that requires the flexibility to work independently, take initiative to lead projects while collaborating with the team to expedite the creation and deployment of our game-changing SaaS platform. But of course there is always a cold beer waiting for you at the end of each day. Work hard, play hard! That's how we roll!
What you will do:
- Build and maintain our production infrastructure to ensure scalability and high-availability while maximizing development team efficiency
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues related to the product and the infrastructure
- Implement solutions for automated provisioning of clusters and systems and centralised configuration management using orchestration and configuration management tools
- Ensure proactive and sufficient monitoring is in place for all our vital microservices, while an advanced alarming system is notifying us for unusual behavior
- Perform automated deployments to create new or update existing production/staging environments
- Be responsible for packaging and distribution of our custom software libraries
- Continuous Integration and Delivery for all our microservices
- Provide insights into scalability and maintenance to developers
You know about:
- Linux (Ubuntu) and FreeBSD
- Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services inside out)
- Continuous Integration, Delivery & Deployments (Jenkins, Shell scripting, Selenium)
- Cloud Orchestration, Automation & Service configuration (preferably Terraform/Ansible)
- Security and monitoring (OWASP, ELK, Cloudwatch, NewRelic)
- Data Persistence Platforms (SQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Object Storage, Block storage)
- Scripting (preferably Shell and Python)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Openstack
- Familiarity with Python 3.5+ and Boto3
- Familiarity with setting up scalable production environments for python applications
Previous work experience as a backend developer is a pre.
What we have:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Latest technologies, Apple equipment and industry training
- A Competitive salary
- Possibility to make a real impact on a fast growing tech company
- Free in-office lunch and drinks
- Regular massages
- Awesome office in Amsterdam right next to the famous Vondelpark
Why Bynder is your next home
At Bynder, we <3 innovation! We challenge each other every day and we are all into the latest technical stuff. We love the freedom to come up with new ideas and initiatives – we test, trial, fall and learn all the time and that’s what makes us awesome. You’ll work in a team of motivated and driven development boys and girls (who also like chill at the bar to grab a cold beer.)