Social Media Creator - Creative Services
Who is Brownstein Group?
Recognized by Ad Age as a ‘Small Agency of the Year,’ Brownstein Group is the longest-running independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do…
Founded at the height of the Creative Revolution in 1964, Brownstein Group is a full-service agency with expertise across all disciplines, including: brand strategy, advertising, public relations, social media, and digital services. Brownstein Group specializes in crafting memorable campaigns that generate positive brand awareness, increased sales/leads, and measurable impact for clients. We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including Humana, NJM Insurance, TruGreen, Inspira Healthcare, Giant Food Stores, ACI Worldwide, IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for…
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame. Ranked as an O’Dwyer’s Top 100 National PR Agency and one of Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to Work for Women, Brownstein Group is relentless in the pursuit of breakthrough ideas, and dedicated to its clients and people.
Brownstein has a fantastic opportunity for a master creator of social media concepts. In this role, you will contribute to the development and production of ideas that translate the creative brief into social media content.
The Social/Digital Media Creator is responsible for concepting and executing all social media initiatives under the direction of the Brownstein Creative leadership team. This creator will take the lead on idea generation and creation for all social platforms.
You understand the clients’ businesses and the digital media landscape and can bridge the two in ways that can only be executed in the social media realm.
At Brownstein, we prize bold, brave, and brilliant ideas and are looking for similar qualities in the past work of applicants.
The end result, and the promise we make to our clients, is to create unstoppable brands.
- Ideate and create across all social platforms
- Bring a “Social and Mobile first” view of content
- Conceptualize alongside creative teams as a Creative Social Storyteller
- Create top-notch content for a variety of social media channels, with excellent judgement, instincts, and a sharp feel for the social media landscape
- Source, create, and publish timely social media content
- Work closely with teams to ensure conceptual continuity across all channels
- Champion the agency’s creative work and inspire compelling creative
- Identify out-of-the-box social opportunities that support clients’ businesses and brand goals
- Support internal team by providing social media recommendations
- Understand the organic social media landscape and platform optimization to grow
clients’ social media engagement
- Spearhead creative thought leadership and fluency in each brand’s unique voice and value proposition to develop impactful and on-brand campaigns
- Work with account teams on all major client accounts that require or will require social from Brownstein Group
- Identify best practices based on emerging social trends, monitor news and events for unexpected content opportunities to create and promote new content
- Liaise with internal brand teams and external agencies in relation to strategic recommendations
- Always be innovative, creative, and a brand champion
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.*
- 4-6 years of agency experience driving and designing social content for multiple accounts or brand/client-side
- 1-2 years of related work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- BS / BA Advertising / Communications / Marketing / Graphic Arts preferred
- Can provide work samples, a portfolio, and point of view on best current social campaigns
- A digitally-savvy creator who understands basic programming and animation, and can bring creativity to social media; ad agency experience a plus
- Must be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluency of major social platforms and creative best practices for ad results across channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Google, etc.)
- Experience using Sprout Social, Meltwater, LinkedIn Ads Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, and other social tools
- Strong leadership and relational skills across agency teams and clients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, detail-oriented—attentive, accurate, and able to manage multiple projects
- Passion for social media, emerging social trends, creativity, and audience-first thinking
- Effective communicator—able to communicate to agency team with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Team player and nurturer of healthy workplace culture who leads by example
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, endless career ambition, is resourceful, and always investigates new creation tools
Special Sauce We’re Looking For:
- Desire to be part of a great team for incredible clients
- All-around positive person who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A “Can Do!” attitude—willing to roll up your sleeves and work with entire Brownstein team
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- This position may require time in office buildings or outdoors
Perks for your well being:
Brownstein offers the following benefits so you remain unstoppable:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K program
- Remote Working
- Flex Days
- Summer Hours
- Unlimited PTO
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.