Account Director - Client Services
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our team and help us achieve our agency goal of creating Unstoppable Brands and delighting our clients.
The Account Director is responsible for leading several client relationships under the direction of the Director of Client Services. The Account Director will achieve business goals and objectives, while also mentoring and providing guidance to other members of the Account Management team. As an Account Director, you will be identifying organic growth areas amongst your clients and working across the agency to expand client business, as well as leading execution on current marketing plans.
What you will do…
- Identifies opportunities for clients that support their business, brand and customer goals
- Articulates client’s brand attributes and ensures it is incorporated into marketing recommendations and creative
- Defines business objectives of marketing programs and demonstrates an understanding of the economic impact of the program
- Monitors all program execution to ensure team has the proper level of support to deliver on time and on budget
- Actively participates in client presentations, selling and defending agency’s point of view
- Conducts briefings for internal team outlining specifics of project, business objectives, client strategy, requirements, budget, schedule, job number
- Maintains and grows strong client relationships by partnering with client to understand their key marketing objectives for all programs
- Leads and/or participates in new business activities and pitches
- Manages internal team by providing guidance, establishing goals and providing an appropriate level of feedback on a regular basis
- Provides clear direction to the team on all projects
- Manages some agency financials, including fee time reporting on a regular basis
Who you are…
- Someone who has worked in ad agencies and loves it!
- BS/BA Advertising/Communications/ Marketing or equivalent professional experience
- 8-12 years of integrated marketing program development and execution experience
- Agency experience required
- Strong knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing including broadcast TV
- Direct Response marketing experience across all media types/channels including TV, in an agency leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in growing client accounts
- Marketing strategy development experience
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Ability to manage people and clients
- Organized—able to sort, file and retrieve information logically and easily
- Multi-task oriented - able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines under stress
- Detail-oriented - attentive and accurate
- Flexible - able to shift gears easily
- Effective communicator—able to communicate to agency staff and clients verbally and in writing; as well as being a good listener
- Effective presenter to clients—able to communicate agency POV with logic and conviction
- Self-confident—able to project and instill confidence in others
- Self-starter—able to anticipate needs and act without direction
- Inquisitive—exhibits genuine interest in advertising and is eager to learn and ask questions
Who we are:
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia. Founded at the height of the Creative Revolution in 1964, we are one of the longest-running independent agencies in the country, offering expertise across brand strategy, advertising, public relations, social media, and digital services. We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America. Brownstein is a 2018 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year, a 2019 PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist, and an inductee at Advertising Week’s 2020 Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest and most interesting people in the industry.
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Summer hour Fridays
- Remote working with office hours as needed
- Unlimited vacation
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
Brownstein Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.