Account Executive - Public Relations
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who is Brownstein Group?
Recognized by Ad Age as a ‘Small Agency of the Year,’ Brownstein Group is the longest-running independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do…
Founded at the height of the Creative Revolution in 1964, Brownstein Group is a full-service agency with expertise across all disciplines, including: brand strategy, advertising, public relations, social media, and digital services. Brownstein Group specializes in crafting memorable campaigns that generate positive brand awareness, increased sales/leads, and measurable impact for clients. We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including Humana, NJM Insurance, TruGreen, Inspira Healthcare, Giant Food Stores, ACI Worldwide, IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for…
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame. Ranked as an O’Dwyer’s Top 100 National PR Agency and one of Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to Work for Women, Brownstein Group is relentless in the pursuit of breakthrough ideas, and dedicated to its clients and people.
Red Thread PR, Brownstein’s specialty PR agency, is seeking an experienced and sophisticated public relations professional to join our unstoppable team. The PR Account Executive will be responsible for contributing to client relations; supporting the completion of PR and social media deliverables; supporting PR’s integration with the extended advertising team; strategic PR and social media planning across multiple campaigns, their execution and measurement. The Account Executive must be adept at identifying opportunities, solving challenges, executing with excellence across earned media and social media, and above all, must be a dynamic communicator able to understand and convey complex subjects.
We are looking for an independent, self-starter who thrives working in a collaborative team and managing multiple b2b and b2c brands, excels at client service, writes effective short and long form content and has a passion for media relations and social media.
Must have agency expertise across paid, owed, earned, and shared media.
- Manage multiple PR campaigns
- Provide thoughtful, forward-thinking public relations counsel to the client and account team
- Actively communicate with clients as required assume an increasingly senior role in addressing client concerns and exceeding client expectations
- Participate and lead client calls as specified by supervisor. Provide strategic input, analysis and feedback on client calls in addition to providing updates
- Support internal account team to ensure understanding and expectations of client needs
- Develop strategic PESO plans that reflect the client’s goals and objectives and demonstrate modern tactics
Media Relations & Execution:
- Monitor media daily and identify topics of interest to the team and clients
- Proactively search for story opportunities and proactively pitch and place stories in national, regional and trade media
- Conduct media outreach against strategic plan, focusing on high value media targets; build and maintain personal network of meaningful media relationships
- Brief clients on anticipated topics and themes of interviews and appearances and prepare interview briefing materials and talking points
- Verify media lists prepared by junior staff. Review and edit media coverage summaries prepared by junior members
- Create press materials including news releases, toolkits, media advisories, fact sheets, newsletters, byline articles, case studies, speeches that reflect the client’s brand and key messages
- Coordinate award submissions and speaking opportunities
- Deliver executional excellence across all PR tactics, including but not limited to: regional and national media relations, event planning and management, community relations, content development, internal comms, message development, speaking engagements, other outreach
- Manage budget and timelines
- Ensure that timelines and expectations are met and delivered
- Manage reporting and merchandising of client work, communicate results to clients regularly
- Keep abreast of PR industry trends, best practices, new media and evolving technologies
- Stay current and gain proficiency on new software platforms that impact the practice of PR
- Stay current and add to personal understanding of issues, processes, terms, products, and regulations specific to client’s industry. Master complex issues that impact client business and industry
- Support PESO campaigns, including social research, content strategy, execution, monitoring and reporting (paid and organic)
- Aid in the development and execution of social strategies across a range of social/digital platforms, while shaping client content, stories, and messaging
- Integrate client into a broader news cycle and trending social conversations using social listening
- Develop monthly social content calendars, including social copywriting, oversight of creative assets, activations and influencer programs
- 3 years of experience in public relations – PR agency experience preferred
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a similar major
- B2C and B2B client experience across media relations and social media
- Experience planning and executing large-scale PESO communications plans
- Experience managing social media programs across multiple social platforms including: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and media monitoring tools such as MuckRack, Critical Mention, Meltwater and Cision
- Experience using social listening tools to track trends and monitor social conversations
- Experience reporting and measuring earned media and social media metrics
- Experience tracking billable time
- Event management experience
- High attention to detail and ability to manage time across multiple projects
- Excellent communications and presentations skills, as well as the ability to collaborate across multiple teams successfully
Special Sauce We’re Looking For:
- A strategic account leader who can successfully garner top-tier media coverage and copywrite the heck out of a Instagram post
- Insatiable curiosity about what drives consumer behavior
- Great interpersonal skills – relationship building
- Fluent in maximizing on paid/owned/earned opportunities
- Skillful writer who can write 200 words or 2,000 words on tough topics
- Obsessed with culture – current trends, and where culture is heading
- The ability to peel back the layers and go deep – critical thinking at its finest
- Creative writing and effective presentation skills with the ability to connect with the audience
- Influential communication skills across the board
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Team player and nurturer of healthy workplace culture
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, endless career ambition, and is resourceful
- All around positive attitude and person who thrives in fast action environment
- A range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and public relations (REALLY loves it!)
What we offer...
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- Competitive salary & bonus plan
- Health benefits package
- Wellness programs
- 401K & profit sharing
- Unlimited PTO
- Recognized holidays & Summer Friday hours
- Remote working with office hours as needed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
Brownstein Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.