Senior Art Director
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who is Brownstein Group?
Recognized by Ad Age as a ‘Small Agency of the Year,’ Brownstein Group is the longest-running independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do…
Founded at the height of the Creative Revolution in 1964, Brownstein Group is a full-service agency with expertise across all disciplines, including: brand strategy, advertising, public relations, social media, and digital services. Brownstein Group specializes in crafting memorable campaigns that generate positive brand awareness, increased sales/leads, and measurable impact for clients. We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including Humana, NJM Insurance, TruGreen, Inspira Healthcare, Giant Food Stores, ACI Worldwide, IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for…
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame. Ranked as an O’Dwyer’s Top 100 National PR Agency and one of Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to Work for Women, Brownstein Group is relentless in the pursuit of breakthrough ideas, and dedicated to its clients and people.
Brownstein Group is looking for a Senior Art Director! The Senior Art Director maintains the agency’s creative standards in all work developed and executed by the Creative Department. Produces bold, strategic, persuasive campaigns in all media for agency clients. Creates and fosters long-term relationships between agency clients and their customers. Works tirelessly with our integrated teams to bring Big Ideas to life!
You’ll be leading the charge with other creative types and will be responsible for taking a project from concept through to rollout. You will work with Strategy, Client Services, and Production to create and manage your projects and will present regularly to clients. As a Senior Art Director, you will lead Art Directors and Designers in support of campaigns, mentoring and directing the team through the project’s lifecycle. Projects can run on a normal schedule, but sometimes require a quick turnaround. You should be agile and flexible. We’re looking for those up for the challenge and ready to jump in and create great work!
- Create Big ideas. Ideas that are visually bold, strategic, and persuasive for all media.
- In charge of influencing the end-user by delivering a clear message, as well as seeking out new trends and incorporating them into campaigns effectively.
- Develop strong, strategic concepts.
- Work as a team player and multitasker, providing original approaches and innovative thoughts.
- Develop creative ideas that are forward-thinking and in line with current media trends.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and strategies.
- Offer “outside the box” creative ideas and extensions and encourage others to share theirs.
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly.
- Direct/coordinate selection and use of directors, photographers, animators, and illustrators.
- Oversee/Mentor the work of Art Directors, Graphic Designers and Production Artists as needed.
- Collaborate with the Client Services team and Copy colleagues to ensure creative ideas and executions are consistent with approved strategies; devise new ways to communicate with consumers.
- Collaborate with Production Manager, Studio Manager, and Development to ensure that concepts are produced on time/on budget, at the level of quality promised to the client.
- Foster long-term relationships with clients.
- Broadcast/TV/Video experience – 5-7 years
- Hands-on shoot experience
- A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- Attention to detail and timelines
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques – including digital media
- Confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing good working relationships
- Comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Portfolio required
- For everything listed above, you will need:
- To multitask and be able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced business
- Communicate and present confidently
- Be detail-oriented — attentive and accurate
- Have a thorough knowledge of production procedures (TV, Digital, Social, Print).
- Understand the ways art direction helps clients achieve their goals
- Be inquisitive and exhibit genuine interest in advertising, eager to learn and ask questions.
- A team player and nurturer of healthy workplace culture; leads by example
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, endless career ambition, and is resourceful with a positive attitude.
- A range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and advertising (REALLY loves it!)
What we offer...
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- Competitive salary & bonus plan
- Health benefits package
- Wellness programs
- 401K & profit sharing
- Unlimited PTO
- Recognized holidays & Summer Friday hours
- Remote working with office hours as needed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
Brownstein Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.