Director of Client Services
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who is Brownstein Group?
Recognized by Ad Age as a ‘Small Agency of the Year,’ Brownstein Group is the longest-running independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do…
Founded at the height of the Creative Revolution in 1964, Brownstein Group is a full-service agency with expertise across all disciplines, including: brand strategy, advertising, public relations, social media, and digital services. Brownstein Group specializes in crafting memorable campaigns that generate positive brand awareness, increased sales/leads, and measurable impact for clients. We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including Humana, NJM Insurance, TruGreen, Inspira Healthcare, Giant Food Stores, ACI Worldwide, IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for…
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame. Ranked as an O’Dwyer’s Top 100 National PR Agency and one of Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to Work for Women, Brownstein Group is relentless in the pursuit of breakthrough ideas, and dedicated to its clients and people.
The mission of Brownstein Group’s Director of Client Services is to lead the creation and development of unstoppable brands, generating business success for our clients and the agency. The DCS leads a team of proactive business managers who deeply understand their clients’ challenges and opportunities, discern insights on their business and marketplace, and develop agency-led plans and strategies to meet our clients’ marketing needs. We believe that brands can move people and move markets, so we seek to craft effective brand promises and combine them with compelling creative platforms to create unstoppable brands with brand longevity. And we achieve this by proactively collaborating and leading agency teams and outside partners to coordinate and direct the most effective integrated efforts.
The ideal candidate will have recent agency experience working with multiple clients, varying in size and industry. You’ve led a team, have been responsible for their growth, training and success. You are a mentor, a leader, and a team player willing to roll up your sleeves to meet the needs of our clients. You’ve also demonstrated proven success in business development, both new and organic.
The Director of Client Services, as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, will be responsible for the strategic direction and supervision of the Client Services department, ensuring that business objectives are achieved in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. You will manage the client relationship and partner with discipline leaders on defining and executing high-level client strategy.
You are a collaborator, communicator, and have a high EQ.
You understand the importance of partnership, internally and externally. You are a dynamic leader, strategic by nature, always thinking about the client experience and how to enhance it.
What you will do…
- Responsible for being the lead strategic marketing consultant to the client while leading the management of the account and project management teams
- Build positive and lasting relationships with all appropriate client services team members; see that strong relationships are being developed at other levels within each client group
- Ensure the agency’s clients receive appropriate and professional counsel and service from the client services staff, resulting in accounts’ stability, increased business, and profit
- Partner/collaborate with the Executive Creative Director to form a respectful and dynamic relationship and will also collaborate with other Directors to integrate the work
- Develop and implement new methods and processes to conduct agency business for efficiency and profitability
- Lead, manage, and plan client strategies as well as take responsibility for “bottom-line” accountability
- Handle all issues related to clients and be able to recognize additional opportunities within accounts to expand the business
- Identify and nurture organic new business opportunities among existing clients, especially as it relates to an integrated approach
- Identify new business opportunities, lead pitch processes and manage new business pipeline
- Develop, present, and negotiate annual agency fees and budgets
- Responsible for the selection, evaluation, assignment, and on-going professional development of the account management team
- Develop and maintain departmental budgets and oversee expenditures
Who you are…
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and coaching skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Expertise in business planning, financials, and project management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving ability
- Strong supervisory and team leadership ability
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Proven leader with the ability to mentor and develop direct reports
- Strong consumer and target understanding
- Track record of success in brand planning and execution; and program evaluation and analysis
- Exudes enthusiasm, confidence, and passion
- Proven negotiation skills and experience, especially contract negotiations with clients
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients by gaining trust and repeated successful delivery of expectations
- BA or BS in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Liberal Arts; MBA a plus
- Minimum 15 years professional experience including recent agency experience
- Experience with working on both traditional and digital strategies
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Proven record of successful project management
- Experience overseeing project management a plus
What we offer...
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- Competitive salary & bonus plan
- Health benefits package
- Wellness programs
- 401K & profit sharing
- Unlimited PTO
- Recognized holidays & Summer Friday hours
- Remote working with office hours as needed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
Brownstein Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.