- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio:https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
Creative word people! You bright, elusive things! Looking for something that combines the delicate gymnastics of poetry, the bravura and thrill of the short story and the cultural stakes of the great American novel? Meet Advertising. Perhaps you’ve already met. Great. Join us here in the glittering sequin mines of commerce! Brownstein Group is hiring a senior copywriter.
You’ll be teamed with other creative types and be responsible for taking a project from concept through to roll out. You will work with strategy, account, and PM to create and manage your projects and will present regularly with clients. Projects can run on a normal schedule but sometimes require a quick turn-around. You should be agile and flexible. We’re looking for those prepared for the challenge and ready to dedicate themselves to reaching a high-water mark in their craft.
We’re looking for…
Someone with a proven track record as an advertising creative.
Someone who’s a team player, as multi-tasker and mentor.
And the ability to generate immaculate copy for every brief.
All applicants must submit a portfolio at time of application.
- Understand of the ways copy helps clients achieve their aims, and generating immaculate copy for every brief
- Exemplify a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Serve as a senior leader to assist junior copywriters with improving their copy skills,
- In charge of influencing the end-user by delivering a clear message, as well as seeking out new trends and incorporating them into campaigns effectively.
- Working alongside art directors & designers, must be team players, multi-taskers, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
- Check all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- 5-7 years of professional writing experience
- Experience in professional, commercial writing, TV, video and/or broadcast
- Experience working with retail and family brands
- Agency experience
- Keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver the sharpest, most dazzling copy.
- Complete self-assurance
- Significant experience in professional, commercial writing
- A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- The ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects
- A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- Attention to detail and timescales
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques –including digital media
- Confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing good working relationships
- Portfolio Required
But for everything listed above, you will need:
- An ability to work well in a team
- Effective time management
- To be open to changes in direction or revising
- To communicate and present confidently
- A thorough knowledge of production procedures for print and web specs.
- And a positive attitude!
Brownstein Group offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.