Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio:https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
Brownstein, Philadelphia’s longest-running independent advertising and public relations agency, is seeking an experienced marketing communications professional to leads its internal Agency Communications team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record implementing strategic communication programs using a variety of tools and channels within the PESO (paid, owned, earned, shared) media model, and will be able to connect communication tactics to business development priorities. This individual will have a passion for storytelling and content marketing, combined with the ability to use the agency’s thought leadership platform, proprietary research, client work and industry trends to develop and execute a comprehensive plan that builds awareness for the agency and drives new business leads down the funnel. This role requires the ability to develop long-form content and execute on a multi-channel communications plan designed to achieve the agency’s growth goals, expand its national footprint and demonstrate thought leadership in target vertical markets.
This individual is an independent, self-starter and a skilled writer who can create and distribute content, report on performance and optimize based on key measures and learnings. He/she/they should also demonstrate knowledge of the advertising and public relations field, understand and speak intelligently on important developments in our target verticals and, over time, be able to clearly articulate Brownstein’s key points of differentiation and value proposition to media and other stakeholders. This person also has an awareness for the PR process, working with our internal PR team to discover media-worthy opportunities, build and maintain strong relationships within the regional, national and advertising and public relations trade media, and uncover news by making meaningful personal connections within the agency.
Additionally, this person has a knowledge of email marketing and CRM platforms to support the strategy and execution of a targeted outbound email marketing program. He/she/they will partner closely with Brownstein’s new business team to further integrate marketing and new business efforts via this program – identifying synergies to support each discipline and strengthen our overall awareness from key prospects.
- Working closely with Agency Comms team, write and execute an annual strategic marketing plan and calendar of activities
- Liaise with PR, Social Media, Creative, Digital & New Business teams and other agency staff to execute communications tactics
- Oversee content development and ongoing updates across agency’s digital footprint (websites, social media channels, digital media, profiles on partner and industry sites)
- Act as a ‘roving reporter,’ collecting information from across the agency about upcoming newsworthy campaigns, initiatives, thought leadership opportunities and potential awards submissions
- Oversee public relations and editorial tactics within integrated campaigns, with the goal of securing coverage for the agency’s work within industry and vertical trade publications, regional and national mainstream and business media
- Fuel the agency’s thought leadership platform via The Brand Longevity Lab – including incorporation of key data points into content; development of quarterly research reports; and ongoing external communications surrounding the brand platform
- Manage the development and distribution of long-form content, including on-going monthly bylined articles within the various verticals
- Draft press releases, agency award submissions, website news briefs, case studies and other owned content to support agency marketing
- Manage, gather, create content and oversee timely distribution of the agency’s monthly email newsletter
- Purposefully secure speaking engagements, awards, and strategic partnerships
- Manage logistics of speaking engagements, provide on-site event support as necessary
- Manage paid digital media campaigns as applicable
- Collaborate with new business team in the identification of a CRM platform, development of contact database, and subsequent strategy/execution
- Manage proactive business development outreach/lead generation efforts
- Support new business team in production needs for RFI/RFP responses
- Manage marketing budget and related expenditures
- 4-year degree with concentration in PR, Journalism, Communication or English
- 5-7 years prior experience, in an agency or similar field
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proven strategic marketing and management skills
- Strong content marketing experience and understanding of PR and social media
- Experience developing and executing paid/owned/earned campaigns
- Experience reporting and measuring campaign success
- Google Adwords, HubSpot or equivalent certifications a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to motivate and manage an interdisciplinary team
- A great attitude and a love for communications and branding
Please provide 2-3 relevant writing samples or campaign portfolio alongside resume
Brownstein Group offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.