Public Relations - Senior Account Executive
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio: https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
Brownstein is seeking an experienced and sophisticated public relations professional to join our unstoppable team. The PR Senior Account Executive will be responsible for contributing to client relations; supporting the management of PR account team deliverables; supporting PR’s integration with the extended advertising team; strategic PR planning across multiple campaigns, their execution, and measurement. The Senior Account Executive must be adept at identifying opportunities, solving challenges, and mentoring junior staff and above all, must be a dynamic communicator able to understand and convey complex subjects.
We are looking for an independent, self-starter who thrives working in a collaborative team and managing multiple B2B brands, excels at client service, writes effective short and long-form content, and has a passion for media relations– with a portfolio of headlines to prove it.
Client and Account Management
- Manage multiple PR campaigns
- Provide thoughtful, forward-thinking public relations counsel to the client and account team
- Actively communicate with clients as required assume an increasingly senior role in addressing client concerns and exceeding client expectations
- Participate and lead client calls as specified by the supervisor. Provide strategic input, analysis and feedback on client calls in addition to providing updates
- Support internal account team to ensure understanding and expectations of client needs
- Develop strategic PESO plans that reflect the client’s goals and objectives and demonstrate modern tactics
Media Relations & Execution
- Monitor media daily and identify topics of interest to the team and clients
- Proactively search for story opportunities and proactively pitch and place stories in national, regional, and trade media
- Conduct media outreach against strategic plan, focusing on high-value media targets; build and maintain a personal network of meaningful media relationships
- Brief clients on anticipated topics and themes of interviews and appearances and prepare interview briefing materials and talking points
- Verify media lists prepared by junior staff. Review and edit media coverage summaries prepared by junior members
- Create press materials including news releases, toolkits, media advisories, fact sheets, newsletters, byline articles, case studies, speeches that reflect the client’s brand and key messages
- Coordinate award submissions and speaking opportunities
- Deliver excecutional excellence across all PR tactics, including but not limited to: regional and national media relations, event planning and management, community relations, content development, internal comms, message development, speaking engagements, other outreach
- Manage budget and timelines
- Mentor junior staff; ensure that timelines and expectations are met and delivered
- Manage reporting and merchandising of client work, communicate results to clients regularly
- Keep abreast of PR industry trends, best practices, new media and evolving technologies and tactics, and educating the account team
- Stay current and gain proficiency on new software platforms that impact the practice of PR
- Stay current and add to personal understanding of issues, processes, terms, products, and regulations specific to client’s industry. Master complex issues that impact client business and industry
- 5 years of experience in public relations – agency or equivalent client-side PR experience
- BA/BS in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a similar major
- Demonstrated media relations expertise featuring b-to-b clients
- Comprehensive b-to-b communications experience
- Experience planning and executing large-scale PESO communications plans
- Experience working on an integrated agency team is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and media monitoring tools such as Critical Mention, Meltwater and Cision
Special Sauce We’re Looking For:
- A strategic account leader who can successfully garner top-tier media coverage
- Insatiable curiosity about what drives consumer behavior
- Great interpersonal skills – relationship building
- Fluent in maximizing on paid/owned/earned opportunities
- Skillful writer who can write 200 words or 2,000 words on tough topics
- Obsessed with culture – current trends, and where culture is heading
- The ability to peel back the layers and go deep – critical thinking at its finest
- Creative writing and effective presentation skills with the ability to connect with the audience
- Influential communication skills across the board
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Team player and nurturer of healthy workplace culture
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, endless career ambition, and is resourceful
- All around positive attitude and person who thrives in fast action environment
- A range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and public relations (REALLY loves it!)
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.