Talent and Culture Manager
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio: https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
The Talent & Culture Manager provides leadership in support of Brownstein’s core values, and helps the organization achieve its mission of “Building Unstoppable Brands” through its most valuable resource – its people. Passionate for bringing talent and opportunity together, the Talent & Culture Manager focuses on recruitment, performance enhancement, and DEI, recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace. With the support of the HR Generalist, this position leads the management of employee relations; developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies and people-focused programs to engage learners, empower team members, provide career-building opportunities and improve performance outcomes, ensuring the agency builds and maintains an Unstoppable team.
The Talent & Culture Manager also serves as a resource to employees and discipline leads concerning talent management and related systems and processes. Directly responsible for the continued evolution and improvement of Brownstein’s recruiting, hiring, and talent development practices. The Talent & Culture Manager leads Brownstein’s highest priority change efforts in support of achieving our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Agenda.
Talent & Performance Management
- Lead policy, culture, and recruiting strategy
- Partner with leadership to enhance the hiring process and onboarding activities, and maximize employee retention
- Drive and influence talent assessment and performance management throughout the organization with the goal of achieving a culture of high performance
- Develop and publicize the employment brand to continue to attract top talent
- Direct HR Generalist in disseminating and organizing relevant information to Brownstein employees
- Chair the Culture Committee on development of program offerings: leadership, management, and professional development initiatives
- Manage third-party talent agency, professional networks, college/university relationships
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and implement an integrated people strategy for the Agency including organizational design, leadership, and talent development; succession planning; employee engagement, development, and retention
- Plan and execute agency events, outings, celebrations, well-being and other extracurricular and cultural activities
- Anticipate the future needs of the organization and areas of potential disruption including understanding business needs, budgets, and forecasted opportunities to make staffing decisions
- Use all available web/social resources to build networks of creative talent
- Management of independent contractor agreements and negotiating payment rates
- Build a bench of creative freelance/contractors for project-based work
- Provide strategic human resources direction and ensure the effective execution of all aspects of human resources management, including compensation and benefits; compliance with federal and state employment laws; performance management; recruitment; employee retention; and HR data management and reporting metrics
- Seamlessly coordinate with HR Generalist to diagnose, develop, and deliver timely, relevant, and forward-thinking HR solutions
- Work with CFO when identifying compensation goals; developing career pathing tiers; negotiations of salary and benefit packages, etc.
- Identify and assess DEI trends and gaps through research and analysis to recommend best practices, staff training, and tailored approaches
- Continue and improve upon the long-term strategy for cementing a shift in mindset and meaningful change to ensure a true culture of inclusion
- Build consensus around issues of diversity, equity and inclusion and implement these practices into the core of the organization
- Collaborate with leaders to ensure successful strategy, execution, and achievement of DEI goals
- Serve as a trusted advisor and consultant to client teams for all creative concepts and related business issues to ensure diversity and inclusion in our advertising and PR campaigns.
- Associate degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Business, and/or Psychology; or business-related field preferred
- Professional: Minimum 8 years comprehensive Human Resources management experience, with a minimum 5 years supervisory experience required
- Prior experience in an HR function in a creative, communications or marketing environment preferred
- An ability to be creative, agile, and resourceful with limited resources
- Understanding of best practices and experience in building diverse, equitable & inclusive, and engaged workplaces; cultural awareness and sensitivity with lens on racial and gender equity
- Deep understanding of current HR trends in compensation, benefits, and performance evaluation frameworks and fluency with primary HR functions
- Demonstrated ability to foster trust & teamwork among direct reports, peers, and throughout the organization
- Skilled negotiator in compensation for open positions and independent contractors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the organization
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities simultaneously
- Personal Attributes: A strategic thinker; genuine leadership skills; a robust sense of humor; superior communicator; highly organized; attentive and active listener and an ability to establish effective relationships and appropriate rapport with our team and representatives
To complement a salary that will make you smile, Brownstein Group offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K plus matching program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.