Agency Communications Manager
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out how the Public Relations team is putting its talents to use to help the local economy: https://www.brownsteingroup.com/news/brownstein-launches-fully-booked/
* Remote until further notice
Brownstein is seeking an experienced public relations professional with excellent writing skills, a passion for media relations and a portfolio of regional and national headlines to prove it. This individual will possess the ability to develop long-form content and execute on a multi-channel communications plan designed to achieve the agency’s growth goals, expand its national footprint and demonstrate thought leadership in target vertical markets.
A successful candidate is an independent, self-starter and a skilled writer who can gather, create and distribute content across a paid/owned/earned communications plan. This person also excels at discovering media-worthy opportunities, can build and maintain strong relationships within the regional, national and advertising and public relations trade media, and can uncover news by making meaningful personal connections within the agency. They should demonstrate knowledge of the advertising and public relations field, alongside the ability to develop a robust content program and execute with ongoing content across the PESO model. Over time, this individual must be well-versed in Brownstein’s agency platform around Brand Longevity to develop long-form thought leadership content and to clearly articulate our key points of differentiation and value proposition to media and other stakeholders.
Ideally, this person has a working knowledge of email marketing and CRM platforms to support the strategy and execution of a targeted outbound email marketing program. If those skills apply, they will partner closely with Brownstein’s new business team to further integrate marketing and new business efforts via this program – identifying synergies to support each discipline and strengthen our overall awareness from key prospects.
- Work closely with Agency Comms Leader and team, writing annual strategic marketing plan and then executing upon that plan and calendar of activities
- Act as a ‘roving reporter,’ collecting information from across the agency about upcoming newsworthy campaigns, initiatives, thought leadership opportunities and potential awards submissions
- Lead public relations and editorial tactics within integrated campaigns, with the goal of securing coverage for the agency’s work within industry and vertical trade publications, regional and national mainstream and business media
- Fuel the agency’s thought leadership platform via The Brand Longevity Lab – including incorporation of key data points into content; development of quarterly research reports; and ongoing external communications surrounding the brand platform
- Manage the development and distribution of long-form content, including on-going monthly bylined articles within the various verticals
- Draft press releases, agency award submissions, website news briefs, case studies and other owned content to support agency marketing
- Maintain consistent media coverage in the region as well as national media and trade press
- Manage, gather, create content and oversee timely distribution of the agency’s monthly email newsletter
- Purposefully obtain speaking engagements, awards, and strategic partnerships for business growth
- Liaise with PR, Social Media, Creative, Digital & New Business teams and other agency staff to execute communications tactics
- Manage logistics of speaking engagements, provide on-site event support as necessary
- Collaborate with new business team in the identification of a CRM platform, development of contact database, and subsequent strategy/execution (if skills apply)
- 4-year degree with concentration in PR, Journalism, Communication or English
- 3-5 years prior agency PR experience
- 2-3 relevant writing samples required alongside resume
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proven media relations results and sample work
- Strong social media skills
- Proven strategic marketing and management skills
- Experience developing and executing paid/owned/earned campaigns
- Experience reporting and measuring campaign success
- Google Adwords, HubSpot or equivalent certifications a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and leadership qualities
- A range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and advertising (REALLY loves it!)
To complement a salary that will make you smile, Brownstein Group offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K plus matching program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.