Public Relations Account Supervisor
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out how the Public Relations team is putting its talents to use to help the local economy: https://www.brownsteingroup.com/news/brownstein-launches-fully-booked/
Account Supervisor– Public Relations
Brownstein is seeking an experienced and sophisticated public relations professional to join our unstoppable team. The PR Account Supervisor will be responsible for contributing to client relations where strategic communications experience, account stewardship skills, team management, and strong writing is critical. This role will serve as a primary client contact for one large account; they will manage account team deliverables as well as strategic comms/PR planning across multiple programs for this client. The Account Supervisor must be adept at strategic communications, identifying opportunities, solving challenges, and mentoring junior staff and above all, must be a dynamic communicator able to understand and convey complex subjects.
We are looking for an independent, self-starter who thrives working in a collaborative team and managing a complex client, excels at client service and has a passion for corporate communications. Having a media relations portfolio with impressive b2b and consumer results is highly encouraged.
Client and Account Management
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of large health insurance account and 1-2 other small accounts
- Provide thoughtful, forward-thinking communications counsel to the client and account team
- Actively communicate with clients as required assume an increasingly senior role in addressing client concerns and exceeding client expectations
- Participate and lead client calls with team as well as independently and directly with client contact. Provide strategic input, analysis and feedback on client calls in addition to providing updates
- Support internal account team to ensure understanding and expectations of client needs
- Develop strategic plans that reflect the client’s goals and objectives and demonstrate modern tactics reflective of the brand
- Regularly audit clients’ existing internal communications platforms and content; provide strategic recommendations to optimize content and channels
- Partner with the client via regular calls and email communications to manage fast-moving projects and timelines
- Develop key strategic communications to serve as the foundation for ongoing execution – including comprehensive message maps and FAQ documents
- Create program strategies and activation plans, inclusive of objectives, messaging, messengers/SMEs, editorial calendar, tactical roadmap and timeline
- Develop copy for regular internal communications across a variety of tactics: weekly email campaigns, radio program scripts, town hall presentations and scripts, lunch-and-learn talking points, video scripts and more
- Partner with the client to measure impact of internal communications programs
- Deliver executional excellence across all PR tactics, including but not limited to: regional and national media relations, event planning and management, community relations, content development, internal comms, message development, speaking engagements, other outreach
- Manage budget and timelines
- Mentor junior staff; ensure that timelines and expectations are met and delivered
- Manage reporting and merchandising of client work, communicate results to clients regularly
- Keep abreast of PR industry trends, best practices, new media and evolving technologies and tactics, and educating the account team
- Stay current and gain proficiency on new software platforms that impact the practice of PR
- Stay current and add to personal understanding of issues, processes, terms, products, and regulations specific to client’s industry. Master complex issues that impact client business and industry
- 7+ years of experience in communications / public relations role – agency or equivalent client-side PR experience
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a similar major
- Demonstrated corporate communications expertise
- Comprehensive b-to-b communications experience
- Experience planning and executing large-scale PESO communications plans
- Experience working on an integrated agency team is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and media monitoring tools such as Critical Mention, Meltwater and Cision
Special Sauce We’re Looking For:
- A strategic account leader who can effectively communicate to any audience
- Insatiable curiosity about what drives consumer behavior
- Great interpersonal skills – relationship building
- Skillful writer who can write 200 words or 2,000 words on tough topics
- Fluent in maximizing on paid/owned/earned opportunities
- Obsessed with culture – current trends, and where culture is heading
- The ability to peel back the layers and go deep – critical thinking at its finest
- Creative writing and effective presentation skills with the ability to connect with the audience
- Influential communication skills across the board
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Team player and nurturer of healthy workplace culture
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, endless career ambition, and is resourceful
- All around positive attitude and person who thrives in fast action environment
- A range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and public relations (REALLY loves it!)
Who Is Brownstein?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
To complement compensation that will make you smile, Brownstein offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary & bonus plan
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K plus matching program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.