Senior Art Director (Freelance)
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio. https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
* This is a temporary opportunity with potential for full-time. Remote until further notice.
We’re looking for someone...
Someone with a proven track record as an advertising creative.
A big idea person, who creates visually bold, strategic and persuasive messages for all media.
Someone who’s a team player, a multi-tasker, and a mentor.
We're looking for a Senior Art Director.
All applicants must submit a portfolio at time of application.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current trends
- In charge of influencing the end-user by delivering a clear message
- Demonstrate a persuasive and confident approach to creativity
- Inspire and manage team of designers and copywriters, ensuring art direction supports concept and strategy
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
- Check all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing good working relationships
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Develop strong, strategic interactive concepts
- Direct/coordinate selection and use of photographers and illustrators
- Collaborate with Account Execs and Creative colleagues to ensure creation of consistent strategies; devise new ways to communicate with consumers
- Coordinating with Production, Creative and Development to ensure that concepts can be produced on time/on budget, at the level of quality promised to the client
- 5 years experience as Art Director in creative advertisement, Broadcast/TV/Video experience a must
- Hands-on shoot experience
- Experience with retail and family brands
- Keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver the sharpest, most dazzling copy
- Adobe Creative Suite: specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- The ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques –including digital media
- Portfolio Required
- Must be able to provide a valid W-9 form
Special Sauce We’re Looking For:
- Multi-tasker who is able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced business
- Understand the ways copy helps clients achieve their goals
- Detail-oriented — attentive and accurate
- Inquisitive and exhibits a genuine interest in advertising and is eager to learn and ask questions
- Influential communication skills across the board
- Team player and nurturer of healthy workplace culture; leads by example
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, endless career ambition, and is resourceful
- A range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and advertising (REALLY loves it!)
To complement compensation that will make you smile, Brownstein offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- Be a creative leader on an amazing campaigns
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.