Senior Copywriter (Freelance)
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio. https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
* This is a temporary opportunity with potential for full time. Remote until further notice.
We’re looking for someone…
Someone with a proven track record as an advertising creative.
A big idea person with a deep understanding of the ways copy helps clients achieve their aims.
Someone who’s a team player, as multi-tasker and mentor.
And the ability to generate immaculate copy for every brief.
We're looking for a Senior Copywriter.
All applicants must submit a portfolio at time of application.
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Helping junior copywriters improve their copy skills, senior copywriters are leading figures in a creative team and are always ready to rise to any challenge
- Understand campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends
- Check all copy that generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints
- Push clients towards fresh, exciting ideas
- Working alongside art directors & designers, copywriters must be team players, multi-taskers, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
- 5-7 years of professional writing experience
- Experience in professional, commercial writing, TV, video and/or broadcast
- Experience working with retail and family brands
- Comfortable and confident in their writing
- A drive to deliver the sharpest, most dazzling copy that reflects the brand’s tone and style
- Brings innovative and fresh ideas that reflect current trends in the client’s marketplace
- Demonstrated record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques –including digital media
- Confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing good working relationships
- Portfolio Required
- Must be able to provide valid W-9 form
Special Sauce We’re Looking For:
- An ability to work well in a team
- The ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects
- A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- Attention to detail and timescales
- To communicate and present confidently
- Range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and advertising (REALLY loves it!)
To complement compensation that will make you smile, Brownstein offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- Be a creative leader on amazing campaigns
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.