- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio. https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
Under the supervision of the Network Support Manager, the Jr. Network Administrator will assist in administering and maintaining internal networks and machines in a creative studio environment, from our location in Center City, Philadelphia. This position requires handling a full range of tasks, from troubleshooting user issues to helping move the company to new technologies. The Jr. Network Administrator must provide superior service consistently.
The individual we seek enjoys handling challenges of all sizes and finds reward in helping make the most of our technology. In addition to being well organized, efficient, the candidate must approach situations with a high level of customer service and a positive attitude. Time management ability and accountability are a must. Must be a team player and take initiative to improve upon existing systems and processes.
- Answer user inquiries and provide first-level contact for troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve user problems
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Perform onboarding and off-boarding tasks (set up equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of necessary software, operating systems, etc.)
- Develop and maintain training materials to educate new users
- Install and configure hardware, software, printers
- Support meeting room technology (sound; video; connections, etc.)
- Repair and replace equipment
- Monitor, track, and document computer inventory, digital assets, domains and keys
- Timely and accurately document status updates in ticket tracking software
- Research and recommend computer hardware/software
- Test new technology
- Assist with company phone system, ShoreTel
- Currently required to be in the office setting at least two days per week. Future expectations may increase
- 1-3 years of experience in an IT support role
- College degree in a related field and/or combination of technical school education, training, certifications, preferred
- Hands-on experience with MacOS, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012/2016, Office 2016/2019, iOS and Android , including maintenance and support
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and general business documents
- Experience with LAN and WAN technology
- Familiarity with Slack, Box, QNAP, Office 365, Creative Cloud
- Exchange information effectively with other staff at varying levels of technical competency
- Ability to work independently as well as take direction
- Prioritize tasks appropriately, meet deadlines, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
To complement a salary that will make you smile, Brownstein offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary & bonus plan
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K plus matching program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.